Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So sorry to hear of your great sadness and pain and loss! May God be with you and comfort you. I hope the pain starts to ease a little soon.
    [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Joy

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 22, 2006 02:10 AM: Message edited by: djsnjones ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Abigail, your loss sounds so familiar to me. I had a classmate who was killed by a drunk driver while leaving our Senior Prom. I wasn't at the prom, and I wasn't close to this girl, so I wasn't directly effected. But I was surrounded by girls who were. They went through so much suffering. When we graduated, the class wore badges in memory of Emily. Her older sister accepted her HS diploma. Everyone was crying even if we weren't close to her. This was class the of 1999. Now there is a memorial scholarship at the school, and a later class themed their prom around Emily as a reminder to everyone not to drink and drive. Through alumnae updates, I know Emily's friends have gone on to do great things. They have successful careers and families. I know it's hard now, but things will get brighter later!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm so very sorry about your friend. You and her family are in my prayers. Please remember, we're all here whenever you need us.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. As a high school teacher I have seen this happen way too many times. You have been given some great advice here. Everyone copes differetly and that's OK. Turn to your friends (including us)and family for support. I will keep you in my thoughts.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 22, 2006 07:44 AM: Message edited by: vew-tori ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

((((((HUGS)))))) Sometimes words are not enough, but know that you are never alone. I know your pain and will tell you that in time you will be able to remember all the good and even be able to laugh.

When my niece died I fell in love with this poem.

Her Journey's Just Begun

Don't think of her as gone away-
    her journey has just begun
    life holds many facets
    the Earth is only one

Just think of her as resting
    from the sorrows and the tears
    in a place of warmth and comfort
    where there are no days and years

Think how she must be wishing
    that we could know today
    how nothing but our sadness
    can really pass away

And think of her as living
    In the hearts of those she touched
    For nothing loved is ever lost-
    And she was loved so much.

- Ellen Brenneman

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am so sorry for your loss. Things will never be quite the same again, but eventually things will at least look better. I was 21 when my grandfather died of a heart attack while chopping wood. I couldn't laugh for over a year. I wanted the whole world to stop and mourn with me, but it wouldn't. That has been 39 years ago and I sill miss him, but in a different way.

I also want to thank you for offering to help me identify the food from the Felicity movie. I don't know how to capture stills and post them or I would. I should have thanked you for offering though. I am sorry I didn't.

Your friend's loss puts our passion for our dolls really into perspective though, doesn't it. However, even that passion unites us with others who can share our pain in ways your family and school friends can't. Just don't leave us completely.

My prayers are with you and all of her friends.
    Brenda

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am so so sorry for you loss. Keeping her family and yours in my thoughts and prayers.

*hugs*

*Kas

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm so sorry that you have to go through this right now. I graduate next month as well, and my group of friends lost one friend to a car accident in December 2004 and another girl a year younger than us this past January.

It was very sudden--she got sick one day and left us a week later. She was a few days away from 17.

It's a very difficult ordeal and my thoughts will definitely be with you.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you all for your kind words. It helps a lot. Its nice to 'talk' to people who didn't even know her but are so sympathetic anyway. Especially since the funeral service did not help at all. Is it just me or is a funeral <u>not</u>the place to try to convert people of other faiths who are attending?

It stinks to be sad. But it is worse to be mad at the same time.

Once again thank you so much. I didn't even know her that long so I can't even imagine what her poor family must be going through.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 22, 2006 05:26 PM: Message edited by: zap_sea ]</font>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12