Thread: My friend won an outfit for me...& I really can't afford it!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

My friend won an American Girl Karate outfit...New! Which I love it! I happen to be talking to her the other day and told her I really wanted the Chinese New Year and the Karate outfit...But, was looking for the right deal. Plus, so many personal things have come up that requires a lot of money, that I just don't have at this time.

Well, she owes me $170 and she bought the outfit, without consulting me first and now is taking it off of what she owes me. ($50)

I love her for doing it and just don't have the heart to tell her that I need the money more then the outfit...She is so proud of herself.

I just thought I would vent and see if anyone has had this happen before...With a friend, DD, DH, anyone...? [img]frown.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think that was very thoughtful of your friend, but that money that she owes you is really your money so essentially she spent your money on ebay without consulting you first. I'm not exactly sure what I would do in this situation since I wouldn't want my friends feelings to be hurt, but then again, I would be a little irritated that she didn't consult with me before the purchase. I would for sure try and say something so that this doesn't happen again with the chinese outfit. Maybe tactfully bring up that it was sweet of her to be thinking of you, but that you really need the rest of that money for other things. Not sure I was much help, I'm wishing you the best of luck!

Shanna