Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Does anyone think that AG will retire/change Molly's tea set?

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 28, 2006 12:54 PM: Message edited by: doobiedots ]</font>

MapleLeaf

I have Molly's older wooden table and the style is so pretty. I like how the sides fold down to create a smaller table which is great if space is a problem.
    I'm getting a bit nervous about what they may retire of Molly's next. So far I'm okay but things can change so quick.

Nia [img]smile.gif[/img]

Inactive Member DiannaChristine's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have never really seen Molly as a pastel girl either. I do love her Victory Garden dress, but it seems to fit Molly. I definitely do not see Molly as a pink girl.

Originally posted by cami713
    So, it's possible she'll get an outfit that's girlier, perhaps it's a hand me down from Jill, or something. If you look at the book illustrations, Molly has a purple dress that she wears in Meet Molly, so girlier colors don't seem to be something Molly's opposed to. I think they could easily add a girlier outfit or two, without making Molly into another Samantha type girlie girl.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Cami, I know exactly which purple dress you are talking about. I have always loved that purple dress and my personal seamstress (aka Mom) has been working on making one for me. She has done a lovely job with the bodice, but that is all she has finished so far. I am sure it will look great on Molly when it is finished. I also agree that Molly can be more feminine, but she is not a girly girl. I would hate to see her collection make that turn.

I really hope that AG finally comes out with a real coat for Molly. I would love to see the brown coat that she wears in her Christmas story, complete with that green hat. I love the green hat!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Dianna Christine:
    I really hope that AG finally comes out with a real coat for Molly. I would love to see the brown coat that she wears in her Christmas story, complete with that green hat. I love the green hat!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I was actually daydreaming about that very thing today. The brown camely color coat and the green knit cap!

Oh how I'd love to have that set. Sadly I think it may be too drab for Mattel. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by cami713:
    There are other colors besides red, white, blue, and pink. Especially red, white and blue in those bold primary colors.

Emily's meet dress is red, white, and blue, but it's a pretty light blue, with small red/white detailing. Not as bold as Molly's, but everyone seemed to love that when the pictures were posted. Everyone, also, seems to like Molly's Victory Garden dress. There isn't any red or blue on that one, just light green, white, and a dusty pink color. They can easily make less red/white/blue without making everything pink.

Considering we've seen one new outfit from the Molly/Emily collection, and color/style wise, it seems to fit in with Molly's existing collection very well, I don't get why everyone assumes they're going to start making all of Molly's outfits pink. They haven't yet changed an established core girl. Yes, Elizabeth was drastically changed, but Felicity was not.

So, it's possible she'll get an outfit that's girlier, perhaps it's a hand me down from Jill, or something. If you look at the book illustrations, Molly has a purple dress that she wears in Meet Molly, so girlier colors don't seem to be something Molly's opposed to. I think they could easily add a girlier outfit or two, without making Molly into another Samantha type girlie girl.

Edit: I do agree that changing the Miss Victory costume would be odd, as it was *supposed* to be patriotic, and I hope they're just changing the style, and not the colors.

<font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ April 28, 2006 03:05 PM: Message edited by: cami713 ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree. I wouldn't mind some variety for Molly. I love her Route 66 outfit, and though it is blue, it was a bit of a pleasant departure from the darker shade of blue. I was just speculating before, because I was unhappy with some of the changes that tool place with Felicity (not clothes-wise, like the teaset).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Referring back to the PM/M Molly tables, I always thought of the PM wooden table as what the McIntire family would have had in their dining room, and the M chrome set as what they would have had in the kitchen. It's a good way to justify getting both sets, at any rate! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345