Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Your own doll...(this is fun)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I thought my nanny would make a cool dollie. Most of what I've got written is based on stories I've been told about her and her family, and her outfit is based on one of my favorite photos of her at 9 years old at the creek with my granny and Aunt Thel and Aunt Thel's best friend. Nanny had a girl friend who lived several miles away, but her best friends were her brothers, whom she fought with all the time. She was such a tomboy! So a bit different from the other AG Historicals, but with some similarities. And she's from GEORGIA which makes for a new locale.

Meet Dot! (1939)

Everybody calls Doris by her nickname 'Dot', and she's as cute as can be in her dungarees, red woven belt, and white blouse. The cuffs on the old-fashioned jeans roll up to her knees, just like the sleeves on her shirt roll past her elbows. Tie the tails in a knot at her waist and kick off her saddle shoe styled sneakers, and she's ready for an afternoon at the creek!

Meet Accessories
    Protect Dot's fair skin and pale eyes from the bright Georgia sun with this floppy canvas hat and the red heart sunglasses - her absolute favorite! When she goes to play, she'll want to take her red shoulder bag stuffed with a couple of fresh peaches, a jar of sweet tea, and some filched oatmeal cookies in case she gets hungry.

Doll
    Your American Girl Dot doll has thick black hair that falls in soft waves just past her shoulders. Her green eyes sparkle mischievously, and her skin is quite pale - you'd better make sure she wears her hat when she goes out or else she'll get burnt!

(Jess facemold; Addy styled non-textured, slightly wavy, thick black hair; ivory-cream skin tone; Felicity green eyes)

Book
    Dot is the fifth of six children living on a cotton and tobacco farm in Georgia towards the end of the Great Depression. Luckily, her family hasn't suffered from many of the hardships that existed in other parts of the United States, but they still have troubles of their own! In Meet Dot, her only sister runs away to get married and her oldest brother threatens to join the army. Meanwhile, Dot and her other three brothers can't agree on their chores and Momma wants her to start dressing like a lady and doing Thel's work. All Dot really wants to do is hang out with the boys and play at the creek!

Other book synopses
    Learns a Lesson - Dot has to help with the cotton harvest the same week her report is due for her history class. Plus, Thel is still gone, so she has to help Momma churn the butter and milk the cow and do the laundry and patch the clothes...and so many other things - how will she have time for it all and still be able to play? (She learns about prioritizing and managing her time.)

Surprise - Christmas is approaching and Thel still hasn't written or 'phoned home, and everyone is missing her. With the cold weather, Daddy has been getting sick and the boys have been laughing at Dot because she can't play outside as much anymore. How wonderful it is when the family receives a letter from their long-lost daughter the week before Christmas! There are souvenirs from Florida for everyone, including a special doll made out of seashells and palm fronds for Dot. Even better is Christmas Day when Dot discovers a whole new set of winter clothes her mother made from Thel's hand-me-downs. Now she has clothes to play outside in!

Happy Birthday
    Dot's birthday is coming up at the end of summer and Momma promised her a fancy birthday party this year. But who can she invite? Their town isn't very big and most of the other girls say she's too much of a tomboy. Maybe she won't have a party afterall. But on her birthday, when she and her brothers are walking home, a huge thunderstorm begins. They all take shelter from the rain on Mrs Brown's verandah and watch as lightning sparks through the air. As the storm ends and the other kids start to come out to play again, the all gather at Mrs Brown's for gingerbread cookies and buttermilk - it ends up being one of the neatest birthdays ever!

Saves the Day
    Ten year old Dot is pulling off her galoshes in the barn's mudroom when she spies some of Daddy's cut of tobacco drying out of the way. She wants to prove that she's as good as a boy, so she takes a leaf, hoping no one notices, and chews it up and swallows. Proud of herself, she goes back to the house, where she promptly gets ill and has to go back outside to be sick. It's a good thing she does, because her brothers David and Lee are fighting over the chopping block again. David dares Lee to throw the axe at him - and Lee does! Dot runs and gets help from the fields, and they get David to the hospital just in time. Having an axe hit between the eyes - even just the blunt end - even just thrown by a 7 year old - is very painful and causes lots of bleeding. But at least David will have a cool scar to show his friends when they go back to school in the fall.

Changes
    Dot's biggest brother finally makes good on his threat to run away to the army, and her next biggest brother goes too. That leaves only three kids to help out around the house, and none of them big enough to take over for Jesse or Marvin. When Daddy's winter sickness crops up again and the doctor makes him stay in bed for a week, everybody knows that can't be a good thing. And it isn't: Daddy and Momma decide to sell half the farm, including the parcel with the creek. Thel sends a letter saying she's going to be having a baby, and she isn't the only one with a newcomer to the family - the entire town is growing in leaps and bounds with people moving in from the countryside and other towns.

(I've always wanted to write stories based on her childhood, so apologies for this being so long, but I've been thinking about it for a long time!)

[img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] --- KERI --- [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by keristars:
    I thought my nanny would make a cool dollie. Most of what I've got written is based on stories I've been told about her and her family, and her outfit is based on one of my favorite photos of her at 9 years old at the creek with my granny and Aunt Thel and Aunt Thel's best friend. Nanny had a girl friend who lived several miles away, but her best friends were her brothers, whom she fought with all the time. She was such a tomboy! So a bit different from the other AG Historicals, but with some similarities. And she's from GEORGIA which makes for a new locale.

Meet Dot! (1939)

Everybody calls Doris by her nickname 'Dot', and she's as cute as can be in her dungarees, red woven belt, and white blouse. The cuffs on the old-fashioned jeans roll up to her knees, just like the sleeves on her shirt roll past her elbows. Tie the tails in a knot at her waist and kick off her saddle shoe styled sneakers, and she's ready for an afternoon at the creek!

Meet Accessories
    Protect Dot's fair skin and pale eyes from the bright Georgia sun with this floppy canvas hat and the red heart sunglasses - her absolute favorite! When she goes to play, she'll want to take her red shoulder bag stuffed with a couple of fresh peaches, a jar of sweet tea, and some filched oatmeal cookies in case she gets hungry.

Doll
    Your American Girl Dot doll has thick black hair that falls in soft waves just past her shoulders. Her green eyes sparkle mischievously, and her skin is quite pale - you'd better make sure she wears her hat when she goes out or else she'll get burnt!

(Jess facemold; Addy styled non-textured, slightly wavy, thick black hair; ivory-cream skin tone; Felicity green eyes)

(I've always wanted to write stories based on her childhood, so apologies for this being so long, but I've been thinking about it for a long time!)

[img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] --- KERI --- [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I had trouble not qouting the whole thing....Oh, how I wish AG would make this doll!!!! Your grandmother's life was SO interesting!!!!!!!!

***Edited to add- You need to make stories of your grandmother's childhood! It would be so interesting!!! (Okay...too many exclamation marks, lol)

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 09, 2006 11:41 AM: Message edited by: stepshigh01 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hmm...id probably look like this if i were an AG...

origional face molds
    mid-length brown hair with layered bangs to the side
    tan skin

I would probably come in jeans and a white jacket, with a black drama club tee shirt underneath, oh, and id probably be wearing converse. [img]smile.gif[/img] i guess id be a historical doll, lol. id probably have my PE uniform for my school, my beagle daisy, my blue guitar, my favorite skirts and tees, and headbands of course. lol, id be pretty modern, so this wouldnt even happen for another like 50 years. lol.

<font color="blue"><font size="1">Edited to remove age</font></font>

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 09, 2006 04:33 AM: Message edited by: Jeanette M. ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh-MY! This will take me probably an hour AT LEAST to do! I will have to get back to everybody later!

Nik [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What fun dollies you girls are creating! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Some of these stories really need to be written out, I'm thinking.... [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What a nifty idea! Everyone has put such thought into theirs! Neat. (y)

Sice there has already been a Lindsey doll, we may have to rename mine. [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img]

<u>Doll & Accessories</u>
    Your Lindsey doll has long brown hair with blonde and auburn highlights with a side part and side bangs. Her hazel eyes open and close, and her arms and legs are posable. She arrives dressed in hot pink
    halter top worn under a 3/4 sleeved, off-the-shoulder black shirt. Her low-rise jeans are made of light-colored denim with a tear in the knee. Slip on her favorite shoes (her pink and black Shox), and she's almost ready to go- but don't forget her necklace, which is a vial of pink fairy dust, and her pink Coach purse, which includes her cell phone, white iPod, and money. Lindsey arrives with a Meet Lindsey paperback book.

<u>School Outfit & Accessories </u>
    Lindsey is ready for school in this trendy denim mini skirt with black leggings to wear underneath and a black capped sleeve shirt. Her black Chucks finish the outfit- they're her second favorite shoes!

Her orchid backpack is the perfect size for her history and geometry textbooks and. Her spiral bound notebook holds the notes she took in english class, and her pink pencil box holds her highlighters, pencils, permamnent marker, and pens. Tuck her calculator into the small pocket in the front.

<u>Christmas Outfit & Accessories</u>
    Lindsey loves Christmas! She keeps warm in this cheerful red sweater and matching red and hunter green plaid skirt. There's a red ribbon for her hair, black Mary Jane shoes.

When Lindsey goes to her grandparent's on Christmas Eve, don't let her forget to take her gifts! (Three Christmas-colored packages with surprises in them!) Imagine Lindsey's surprise when she recieves Kit (mini doll) for Christmas!

<u>Birthday Outfit & Accessories </u>
    Lindsey's lavender birthday dress is perfect for her spring birthday! The lilac, cap-sleeved dress has a tiny white and purple floral print on it. It comes just to her knees and has a slightly ruffled hem. If she gets chilly, she can slip on her matching lilac sweater, that has slight ruffles on the cuffs to match her hem! Her matching white sandals complete the outfit.

Lindsey's cat, Asia, is her adorable black and white short-haired feline friend! Found in the field near her house, her mother had been abandoned then had died. Lindsey and Asia become fast friends. [img]smile.gif[/img]

<u>Summer Outfit</u>
    Summer in Indiana can get really hot, so keep Lindsey cool in this swimsuit. The two-piece features a halter top and side-tie bottoms. It's pretty orange print is perfect for the summer! She can wear over it denim shorts and a blue Hollister shirt. Blue flip flops match the shirt.

<u>Winter Outfit & Accessories</u>
    Lindsey's cream and light pink wool coat keeps her toasty in the winter. Keep her ears neck, and fingers warm with her cream earwarmer headband, gloves and scarf. When the snow drifts get high, put on her pink Ugg boots- they'll keep her toes happy. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Her blue thermos holds just enough hot chocolate for her and a friend!

<u>Ballet Outfit</u>
    Lindsey is ready for dance class in her black leotard. It features a halter top and pinch front. Her pink tights, ballet slippers, and legwarmer leave her prepared for class. Pin up her hair in a pretty braided bun with her hairpins, and she's ready!

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 09, 2006 04:08 PM: Message edited by: randomAGchic ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love reading all of these!! I just thought of another 2 outfits for mine.

Colleen's Friendship Outfit
    Colleen and her friends had such fun decorating her pair of friendship jeans last summer, but this year was even better. Her new friends wrote their own messages, and Colleen wore the pants with a green tank top and black bolero jacket. Her new infinity-ring necklace reminds her of her friends - like you! Use the mini colored markers to write your own message on her friendship pants. Complete the look with a pair of black Elmo flip flops.

Colleen's Spirit Outfit
    Colleen is awfully proud when she gets into the Symphonic Orchestra - the exclusive band that gets to play with the orchestra! She even gets to go to New York this spring. So celebrate concert days with a pair of black gauchos and her red Spiderman orchestra concert t-shirt. It's too big, so use the hairband and two sleeve clips to fix it up. Finally, put on Colleen's strappy black sandals and pull her hair back with her clip.

Colleen's Messiah and Spiderman Accessories
    Symphonic plays two extremely different and difficult concerts this year - Handel's Messiah at Christmas, and Spiderman at the end of the year. Pack Colleen's French Horn in its case, and don't forget the Messiah music book and make sure Dan brings the Spiderman music. Tuck her duet music in the leather-bound folder in case she has time to practice. Don't forget the ever-important valve oil!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've been thinking about joining for ages, but this is the thread that pushed me to it!

I'm definitely going to do this, it might just take me awhile. I love all of yours though!

Inactive Member american-girl-fan's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Let's see......this is how I looked in 4th grade:

Nellie with no bangs but more freckles and green eyes

light blue peasant top

white capris

sparkly belt

white keds

pet:

meduim sized black kerry blue terrier named Maggie =)

Acsessories:

Kit and Samantha Dolls

Magenta backpack

Furniture:

Desk similar to Molly's

Bed with light blue quilt, no frame

Yellow Kyak

Other clothes:

Light blue swimsuit, 2 peice with skirt

Red fancy dress (velvet)

Red shirt sleeve shirt with matching skirt with hawiiani print

(we have a picture of me a day after Christmas in 4th grade with that outfit ruff-housing with my youngest cousin-who is around 20 in the picture- a day after Christmas-he and my other cousin gave me the outfit. That was actually the last time I saw that cousin. =( )

<font color="purple"><font size="1">Edited to remove age.</font></font>

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 10, 2006 12:01 AM: Message edited by: Jeanette M. ]</font>

*AG Star*

Welcome, Pnut Butter! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Here are a few more outfits I thought of:

Katie's Pajamas
    Your Katie doll is all ready for bed in her pink-striped capri PJ pants. She also wears a lime green camisole with a soft pink PJ shirt over it. Don't forget her hot pink fuzzy slippers.

Katie's Christmas Outfit
    Katie is ready for the holidays in her red velvet broomstick
    skirt, white stretchy tank-top, and white faux-fur bolero. She also wears gold fish-net tights and black sparkly flats. She needs her flute and music so she can play Silent Night during the Christmas Eve service.

Katie's Reading Outfit and Accessories
    Help Katie count down the days until The End comes out using the calendar and mini pen. Then dress Katie in tan corduroy pants, a burnt orange sweater, and brown flats so she can wait for her dad to bring the book home.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast