Thread: Dolls at Epcot?

pleasantmonkey210

Angry

Hey ya'll! I'm going to disney world in Florida! FUN! Well, I wanted to know what kind of dolls, preferably in the 20 inch give or take area, you can buy at epcot, and how much they cost. Can someone please help me?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, I was wondering that myself. We leave 5 weeks from today for our trip. My kids all get spending $$ for the Make A Wish Foundation and my daughters would love the Dinsey outfits for their AG dolls.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The princess and Minnie outfits are $25 each. I'd really recommend getting them at either the Downtown Disney store or in a hotel gift shop. The packaging makes them bulky items to lug around, and I'd hate to do that in a park. Of course, if you are staying on property, you could get them anywhere and have them sent back to your room.

There are some photos of the outfits in my vacation album: http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2103382515

Don't know anything about the dolls themselves except that DD thought their eyes were rather freaky, LOL.

You can order Engel Puppen dolls in the Germany pavilion at Epcot. They are very expensive 18 inch dolls, but can be customized. Outfits can be purchased separately and are in the $65 range. You can see my PM Kirsten wearing one of the outfits in my General Album below. There are also some lovely dolls in the China pavilion, but with hefty price tags. Those are the only dolls I can think of that are exclusive to Epcot.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 28, 2006 10:22 PM: Message edited by: EleanorofAquitane ]</font>

MickeyFan

I would be careful about getting the Disney outfits for your AG dolls. Some of the costumes are pretty tight and they are hard to get on the dolls. The regular Disney dolls you can find anywhere at WDW. If you wind up getting a pass while you are there, you can get a discount at World of Disney. Personally, I really dislike that store because it is always extremely crowded and hard to get around so I don't worry about a 10% discount. The dolls are the same price regardless of where you get them. Disney has redone the dolls somewhat, but I still don't think they are as sturdy as other 18" dolls on the market. I looked at them last weekend, but I don't remember the price exactly. I thought they were around $40. We're going again this weekend and I'll look again.

The dolls at Epcot are the Engel-Puppen dolls. They are 18' as well and you can purchase them either ready-made or custom made. They are very expensive, although I think the clothing is more so for what you get. Sometimes you can catch Mr. Engel and his wife there and it is nice to talk with them to create a special doll. Personally, I don't care for the faces on the Puppen dolls, but they are different in that they are custom made and you can watch they make the dolls while you wait. He and his wife tried to get us to purchase one this past spring and it was around $145. The dresses are cute, but for the $65 price, you can easily either make one yourself for less or find and similiar equivalent for less. One other thing I would recommend while you are there is to really look while you are at Epcot. There are a lot of things that you can purchase from the different country pavillions that are perfect scale for 18" dolls.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 28, 2006 10:24 PM: Message edited by: MickeyFan ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by MickeyFan:
    Sometimes you can catch Mr. Engel and his wife there and it is nice to talk with them to create a special doll.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">We had that experience and they were both quite lovely. They admired Jess' kimono, a Sakurako original!

Originally posted by MickeyFan:
    One other thing I would recommend while you are there is to really look while you are at Epcot. There are a lot of things that you can purchase form the different country pavillions that are perfect scale for 18" dolls
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That is very good advice. We got a number of little things for our girls. Epcot is my favorite park!