Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

I wanted to warn everyone that both my Elizabeth's have acquired green ear. In case you don't know what this condition is, it is caused by the medal in the earrings and turns the vinyl green. It's a common occurrence in some fair skinned Barbies. I have only had my girls for about a month and a half. This is very disappointing but I am too attached to exchange them now. It's not very noticeable yet, so I did manage to catch it early, thank goodness. Please, if you have Elizabeth, check her ears! I have since removed their earrings and they will go without them most the time.

Michelle [img]graemlins/cat.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm so sorry to hear that.

I do remember that happening to my Barbies when I was a child. I would pierce their ears with pearl-topped straight pins.

MissCurlyCat

That?s terrible! What happens to Josefina dolls, or Addy dolls? You can?t take their earrings out?.. Do they turn green too? [img]eek.gif[/img]

Felicity_Fan85

Thats awful. It's almost like they're "allergic" to the earrings, almost like how some people get green on their fingers from cheap rings.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't have an Elizabeth, but my 1993 Addy's earrings have turned green. I imagine her skin would have too if it wasn't darker than that already. I guess it's just a matter of time before Josefina's ears turn green too- since she has earrings. [img]frown.gif[/img]

Seems strange Elizabeth would already be green- she's so new. It was at least 10 years before Addy went green

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I saw this product suggested on the thread about prasnlrd's Amy Beth--it's also supposed to clean up "green ear" on vinyl dolls, so maybe it can help--

http://www.twinpines.com/Remove-Zit-Info.html

Good luck! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Molly-Felicity:
    I do remember that happening to my Barbies when I was a child. I would pierce their ears with pearl-topped straight pins.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I did that too! Thought I came up w/ the idea all by myself. [img]tongue.gif[/img] My mom had white & pink pearl top straight pins, & yes, my doll's ears turned green. [img]graemlins/gulp.gif[/img]

Michelle, so sorry this happened to your Elizabeths. [img]frown.gif[/img] Hope the remedy Robin posted works wonders. Let us know if you try it. BTW, Eliz. looks gorgeous in your siggy! Did you make the dress & hat?

Bren [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

I*love*dolls

I collect Dawn dolls a little (I have like 8 or 9 of them) and A LOT of their joints are green from the wires inside for posing them.

Really? My Elizabeth's earings look like plastic on the part in the ear.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you everyone so much for your support and Robin for the informative link! That's one thing I love about this board! I would try it but the damage is minimal enough, I'm not sure it would work. The Barbies I used to collect would come straight out of the box in worse shape, so I have dealt with this before. Apparently Mattel tried to fix this with their Barbie Collector line, so hopefully they will jump on this too if it happens more frequently. I certainly hope I am a rare case though!

Thank you for the compliments on my Elizabeth. She appreciates it since she's feeling down. [img]wink.gif[/img] I made her dress and decorated her bonnet for Easter.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 04, 2006 01:47 PM: Message edited by: RedFishFire ]</font>

The_One_Ring

[img]eek.gif[/img]
    *Runs to get Elizabeth*
    I'm safe! My Liz doesn't have green ear! I hope she doesn't devolpe it, though!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast