Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know these topics are often boring because they always seem to come up but I would appreciate some help here. My Samantha doll that I just inherited from a friend has decent hair and Im planning on downey dunking her tomarow. This doesn't do anything to the curls does it? Also, I was thinking of "enhancing' the curls. What do you recomend the curling iron? Curlers? Should I just do trial and error on small pieces of hair underneath the rest? I really appreciate any imput here! Thanks!

JenniferRobin

AGCollector, your mailbox is full, so I couldn't PM you back! Samantha's curls, in my experience, will bounce back just fine once her hair is dry. However, if you would like to enhance them a little, you can either use rollers and set them with steam, or I have had good luck with an adjustable temperature ceramic curling iron set to a very low setting, just warm enough to set the curl but not enough to melt the synthetic wig. If you choose to use the curling iron, test it first someplace as inconspicuous as possible, and don't leave it in the hair too long.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There are plenty of people here with far more experience with this than I, so please speak up if I'm wrong here!

After the downy dunk I think you will have to reset her curls. Once the hair is dry, brush it out and then spritz it lightly and put it in rollers (I've only used the rollers AG sells). Leave it in the rollers over night, then shape the curls as you like.

Good luck with your Samantha!

Inactive Member agcollector293110's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks and sorry about the full pm box!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My experience has been that Sam's curls need to be reset a bit, but that could be because I've always downy-dunked older, PM Sam, whose hair was often limp anyway.

I set them in my curlers (unheated) and then used my all-plastic steamer to reset the curls.

I've never tried a curling iron; I'd be afraid that it would melt the hair.

I have used the AG curlers, but they seem like they give tighter curls than Sam's normal ones.