Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

HI,

DD & I went out for a "girl's only" day on Saturday. This was her first outing since Felicity had arrived, so she HAD to bring her, & Kit couldn't be left at home alone, could she? [img]wink.gif[/img] Along the way we received several nice compliments & sweet comments on the AG's. Sadly, not many people are as versed as HB members when it comes to AG identities. Felicity was referred to as Josephine (Josefina), Jessica (Jess) and even a Twinn doll for dd (who has a brown bob hairstyle w/ bangs & dark brown eyes). Kit was referred to as Kirsten twice. On the + side we were able to educate the misinformed as to the doll's true identities. [img]cool.gif[/img] The funnest part was fabric shopping for new clothes (for Felicity & a Scooter style dress for Kit). The ladies at the fabric store were mildly amused (in a nice way) at dd & I holding fabric up to the dolls & deciding who looked best in what color. One of the employee's knew right away they were AG because her Gdaughter has "almost every doll & asks for $ for her Bday to buy more AG". Sounds like my kind of girl. lol. The store has a HUGE bin in back w/ .50 remnants. They sell lots of upholstery fabric, so we found a beautiful area rug for the dolls (guessing, 2ftx3ft.? It was a nice size piece) for only .50. We also bought two other remnants in hopes of using them for Felicity formal gowns. Not sure if they were big enough, since my mom is the seamstress. [img]confused.gif[/img]

We also went clothes shopping for dd & as we made our way through that store we passed a lady w/ a baby in a stroller. Under the stroller seat in the basket was a doll lying face down. I just knew it was Bitty by her head & hair. We were checking out & who should end up in line behind me, but the stroller lady. I struck up a conversation about the baby (real one, who was mighty cute, btw) & then realized she was my dh's friend from hs...they even went to the prom together [img]eek.gif[/img] (as friends, mind you). As I left w/ my purchase I asked if that was a bitty in her stroller. YEP! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] I think I visit HB too much. We don't even have a Bitty & I've only seen one IRL & it had different coloring. I was able to pick out a Bitty face down under a stroller. Wow. Is that freaky or what? She then told me she's trying to interest her dd in Felicity (who was resting in the van at this stop due to dd trying on dresses) but the dd is only 6 and still loves Bitty's. Give her time, I said, give her time.

Bren [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

I*love*dolls

How cute!!!!

I've been "sighted" a few time myself, one was when I took a trip in a plane and some mother with a little girl said "We like your doll!" to me (I was holding Kit, she was in my carry on luggage because I didn't want to lose her) and another time was at church when I had Elizabeth and another Mother and little girl who alos said "We like your doll" and then the mother described how her daughter got Samantha for her Birthday.

[img]biggrin.gif[/img]

megaagfan1

What a cool story!!

Once I brought Samantha to our church in AZ{She was my only doll at the time} & I had her in glasses & a today outfit. {I just got the glasses, so I wanted her to wear them!} Many people, mainly my friends, would ask if that was Molly. I'm like, no. i'ts Samantha! She's just wearing her new glasses! Of course I didn't get much of a response back, from others, but oh well. I did from one of my bff! {Best friend!}

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

The best AG sighting I ever had was in the airport. I was flying home and I had AGOT 23 in my carry on. I sat down and about ten minutes later a little girl and her dad sat down next to me with Kit! Poor Kit had horrible hair, so I reached into my carry on and pulled out AGOT 23 and her hairbrush. I started talking to her about the dolls. She was so cute. I asked her if she wanted me to brush her Kit's hair so it would be shiny, and she practically threw Kit at me, begging! LOL. So I fixed Kit's hair, and we played school with AGOT 23 and Kit until we boarded. I was the only person sitting in my row, and so I went and found her and asked if she wanted to come up and keep playing. We played for the whole flight. It was so cute.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What a great story meyergirl. I also have one, though not as good as yours.

For my DD#!'s birthday I offered to send in Felicity to the Doll hospital for a good sprucing up. DD#2 and myself were standing in a very long line at the post office with a very naked Felicity.

Behind us was a grandmother with her grandaughter and grandson. The little boy whispered, "That's Felicity." I turned and ackowledged that yes it was. We then had a nice conversation about his sister's doll Samantha and explaining why Felicity was streaking.

The gandson then started talking about how he liked the Felicity movie much better then the Samantha one. "It was boring." Before you know it it was our turn to go.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We were having lunch at Max & Erma's and thought we saw Kailey! We kept looking but as they walked by us on their way out, we saw it was just a Generation Girl (or one like that) with her hair braided like Kailey.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We were having lunch at Max & Erma's and thought we saw Kailey! We kept looking but as they walked by us on their way out, we saw it was just a Generation Girl (or one like that) with her hair braided like Kailey.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like you have an AG filled day.