Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

what do you think, last year I take 2 Ag and in the booklet that I read it says brush carefully small parts and this year in the new booklet every time you will brush you need a misty bottel, what is the best way to care the hair get get a great job.

Thanks for your help

pleasantmonkey210
    Yeah, you can mist it and brush it. A great way to soften a doll's hair is soak it in wig shampoo for about 30 min. and in downy for about an hour. Then steam it, or let it air dry. * don't use a metal steamer*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think the best thing you can do for your dolls' hair to keep it in good condition, is to spray it lightly with water before you brush it at least once every 2 or 3 weeks. This will prevent the hair from becoming dry, brittle, and frizzy; and help keep it looking like new! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Inactive Member QueenNellieElizabeth's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes i agree that misting is a good way. it's really help My Josefina's Hair because hers was really bad at the ends.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was wondering where you buy wig shampoo at? I am having a hard time finding it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Try Sally's Beauty Supply--but I still had to ask a clerk to show me where it was! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

--Make sure that you ask for wig shampoo for synthetic wigs, not human hair wigs.

--You can also order it from Revlon, online.

--It's my opinion that it works better to shampoo before using Downey, and not use the Downey before the shampoo. My reason for thinking that is because Downey is a kind of liquid wax for fabric, and if there is any dust or oils on the hair and you don't shampoo them off first, you are just putting the liquid wax over the dirt--kind of like waxing a dirty car.

--Also, for just daily and weekly care, misting and brushing works great.

a) Just make sure that the water from the misting doesn't get into the eyes, because if it does, that could cause rusting of some eye parts.

b) Just make sure that the brush that you use has never been used for a human head, or at least has been thoroughly washed since it was used that way, because the oils on live human hair are not good for the synthetic hairs on these wigs.

c) Make sure that you use a wig brush similar to the AG brushes.

d) Make sure that you gently brush a small section of hair at a time, and that you start at the bottom of each section, brushing through a couple of inches at a time. When the first 2 inches are clear of tangles, then you can brush the bottom 4 inches. When they are tangle-free, then brush the bottom 6 inches. And you gradually work your way up the length of the hair until you get to the top.

e) If you have tangles that are difficult to brush through, you can add half a capful of Downey to your spray bottle of water (or a whole capful, if the bottle is the full-sized kind). That will work like the anti-tangle sprays do for human hair, because it helps take the wrinkles out of the synthetic hair, and it also helps the hairs slide over each other easier, so that they slide out of the tangle easier.

--For really difficult situations, you can check my "Restoration" photo album, which you can get to through my link in my signature. But the whole shampoo-Downey-steam routine is not one that you should have to use more than once a year or once every several years, especially if you take good care of your dolls the rest of the time.

Joy

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 29, 2006 10:59 AM: Message edited by: djsnjones ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You don't have to have the AG misting bottle--any pump type of spray bottle will do the job! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I just got a small spray bottle from a local craft store--much cheaper! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]