Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

Okay I am lost on Retired or soon to be items. On e-bay I see they listed the choclate-cherry outfit as retired and now it is in stock. Now here on this board I see the stuff listed at the outlet store in WI example: Tropical breezes, Molly stuff like Route 66 outfit and access. Camp outfit
    If it is at the OUTLET store does that mean it will be retired for sure or do they just have an over-run of this item?
    Reason I am asking: I want a lot of Molly outfits I see as listed in WI outlet should I hurry up and buy these before they disappear and go on e-bay for a fortune? I am also thinking of trading one of my Lindsey dolls for a nice Molly with an outfit or two. Would you trade if you were me?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lindsey is a doll that is worth more than most other AG dolls (only white body dolls might be worth more). I'd try to sell Lindsey on ebay or here on hostboard, and you'll get much more bang for your buck. With that much $$$ you could get Molly, lots of outfits, and maybe some accessories.

Good luck, Jessica

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The items at the outlet with reduced prices will be retired for sure. They usually start with the current price, wait a while, and reduce the prices.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 04, 2006 04:44 PM: Message edited by: AGfanatic ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

On the subject of your Lindsey trade, honestly, that's not a trade I would make. Even the white body dolls don't go for even half as much as Lindsey (at least the ones I have seen). If you sell Lindsey, you could easily make over $200, possibly as much as $300 depending on her condition. With that amount, you could buy 2-3 AG dolls, or an AG with a whole bunch of outfits. Good luck with your decision!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sometimes a mint white-bodied will go very high- I've seen mint WB Samantha dolls go in the $200-300 range, but they had the box, original hang tag, everything.

I wouldn't trade Lindsey for a Molly and a couple outfits- like others are saying, you could get a lot more if you sold her on ebay. For around $200, if you're patient, you can get a Molly doll in a lot on ebay with tons of her stuff. I've done it a couple times in the past, but then resold a lot of it for the other dolls I was collecting. I'm kind of sad I did that with a few retired things now since I had gotten them cheap... [img]frown.gif[/img] By the way... be absolutely SURE you want to sell Lindsey and won't miss her. I've sold various things I've later regretted and bought back. I guess it's not a big deal as long as you don't spend more than you made, but I still wish I'd retained some retired things.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for all your advice! I just get nervous when I see Mollys stuff at the outlet and I haven't even started to collect her stuff and want it.

P.S. Horse mom --I love your picture! I myself own 6 miniature horses with a 7th soon to make its appearance. (mare in foal)