Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    What is up with people charging such high prices to ship a doll? I recently shipped a Kirsten priority mail and it only cost me $6 bucks. I have seen people charging as much as $16.00 for one doll! I don't get it. I have passed up so many auctions because I don't want to pay 3 times the shipping.
    ~Annie
    [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Me, too. I think they must drop off their stuff at Mailboxes, etc. or something! I did have one heavy doll that cost a lot to send, but most AG's shouldn't cost more than $10 - and that's if it goes coast to coast!

13Pumpkins

You think that's bad..... my last doll, with 1 outfit cost me $20, to ship it. Yes. $20. I asked if she'd ship it UPS so it would be cheaper and the shipping would be free, and she said no, it costs $6 more to ship it.... but she gave me theinsurance free. When that doll gets here I am expecting it to say $9 onit.... oooh I was so mad. I was nice. I have half a mind to report her to ebay for stiffing me on costs. Ebay at one tme had a rule aginst excessive hadnling.
    [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img]

Ashley1972

I shipped a doll to someone in my own state and it was almost $12.00 because it was a rural area. I think the sellers are taking into account the packing supplies and gas to the post office. I sent another doll to AG, which was usually about $7 but I also paid for a box, peanuts, and bubble wrap and it came to $16.00. I do see that some sellers charge too much for shipping but I take that into consideration when I bid.

Edited for typo.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 27, 2006 07:41 PM: Message edited by: Ashley's Mommy ]</font>

13Pumpkins

Originally posted by Ashley's Mommy:
    I shipped a doll to someone in my own state and it was almost $12.00 because it was a rural area. I think the sellers are taking into account the packing supplies and gas to the post office. I sent another doll to AG, which was usually about $7 but I also paid for a box, peanuts, and bubble wrap and it came to $16.00. I do see that some sellers charge too much for shipping but I take that into consideration when I bid.

Edited for typo.

<font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ April 27, 2006 07:41 PM: Message edited by: Ashley's Mommy ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I USED to think that was the case, but then the item has come stuffed in a box, with hardly ANY padding. This has happened a lot! If an item comes, very nicely pakced, then it does take the sting off... but so many people just stuff the item in...or add paper towles/newspaper/grocery bags/obivously recycled packaging. Then it makes you angry!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have had people cram things into boxes - I would rather pay more for a well packed item

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I also hate huge shipping costs when I know most items can come priority for $4.10 not counting delivery confirmation. Some can even go first class if they're light enough.

For bigger items, though, it's a tough call. I hate to put shipping charges in auctions then because I like to charge per zip code. I usually get the item all boxed up & weighed so I can answer questions about shipping.

As for shipping cartons, I hope most people know you can order priority boxes free at usps.com & we also reuse packing materials. For the longest time we had plenty of peanuts from all our "code" shopping last spring. I've even used plastic bags as padding. At least they're lightweight...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Try living in Canada. I bought a doll and was quoted $50 for shipping. I was able to pull my bid - Thank GOD!!!!

I learned my lesson and ALWAYS ask for a quote first. Nothing upsets me more than paying $22 for shipping and the label says $6.05????

Due watch the auction. If the selling lists a flat rate and you bid - according to ebay you are agreeing to the terms of the auction.

k

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by EmilyMarie:
    I also hate huge shipping costs when I know most items can come priority for $4.10 not counting delivery confirmation. Some can even go first class if they're light enough.

For bigger items, though, it's a tough call. I hate to put shipping charges in auctions then because I like to charge per zip code. I usually get the item all boxed up & weighed so I can answer questions about shipping.

As for shipping cartons, I hope most people know you can order priority boxes free at usps.com & we also reuse packing materials. For the longest time we had plenty of peanuts from all our "code" shopping last spring. I've even used plastic bags as padding. At least they're lightweight...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">First Class is limited to 13 ounces

Actually The least I can ship for is about $5.45 including insurance. That is not factoring in costs for me to drive to the nearest PO - I don't get P/U since I live on a private RD. Also Paypal charges and arm and your first born, so All of those costs get factored into shipping AND handling - When you have a store front the cost is factored into the price of the item - Which is why you can find items on-line for less, but usually equal out when factoring s/h. Of course with E-Bay you usually save on TAX

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Kym:
    Due watch the auction. If the selling lists a flat rate and you bid - according to ebay you are agreeing to the terms of the auction.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Some people don't read before they bid, and that's on them.

On the other hand, though, sometimes people DO read the auction terms and only get upset when they see how little the seller actually paid to ship. I think that's when the dissatisfaction with shipping charges often comes in. Sometimes people don't realize they've been gouged until after they receive the item.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast