Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We're looking at a possible move to Texas in a few years and have been checking out the San Antonio area. It seems to have a lot to recommend it, not the least being some of the best housing buys we've seen anywhere.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think my husband is leaning toward the Mesa, AZ area. We found a very nice apartment and the cost of living seems to be good. Sea World and Six Flags was a bonus in San Antonio, but everything is within driving distance (including a weekend trip to ACPLA). I am waiting to hear back from a few hospitals in Mesa, but it looks like that may be where we are headed. I will keep you updated!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Good luck! Ferel free to PM me if you have any questions about the area etc

Brenda

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I lived in Mesa AZ for 3 years, now live in Gilbert AZ (geographically they are right next to each other). Mesa has some of the best schools in AZ, which isn't saying a whole lot because the schools in general are poor. I have also lived in Texas (Dallas area). If I was to choose I would have to choose AZ, only because the landscape is much more diverse. You can drive 2 hours and be in the mountains at 7K feet or swimming in the ocean!! I am sorry but Texas is FLAT and boring. You have the ocean and the river walk but that just makes the humidity higher. Texas does not have much public land so there are very few public recreational areas. ALSO, check out property taxes in Texas. Because Texas has no state income tax property taxes are ridiculously high. Mesa has NO city property tax and the state taxes are VERY low! Schools in Texas have improved since we lived there, but they still are not that great compared to the midwest. I will have to say one thing that Texas has..it has the nicest people you will ever meet, HOWEVER if you aren't a BORN Texan you will never truly fit in. I work at Mercy Gilbert Hospital...check us out. We are hiring nurses as well. Mesa General is an older osteopathic hospital in an older part of town. Mercy Gilbert just opened in June and I live 3/4 miles from it. It is a very fast growing part of the city, with a new freeway right next to the hospital. Gilbert AZ is the fastest growing city in the nation; LOTS of new housing ect. AND housing prices have gone down in the past year because homebuilders overbuilt. As far as things to do, AZ has it all, skiing, camping, fishing, and we are only a 6 hour drive from San Diego and 2 hour drive from Rocky Pt., Mexico, which is the COOL ocean. If you have any questions you are welcome to PM me. THANKS

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I live near Mesa and really like the area. There is a lot to do and see in the Phoenix area.

I had no idea there were other board members in the area! We should have a meet up!

Brenda

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Re: UPDATED San Antonio vs Mesa, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by starling View Post
    I lived in Mesa AZ for 3 years, now live in Gilbert AZ (geographically they are right next to each other). Mesa has some of the best schools in AZ, which isn't saying a whole lot because the schools in general are poor. I have also lived in Texas (Dallas area). If I was to choose I would have to choose AZ, only because the landscape is much more diverse. You can drive 2 hours and be in the mountains at 7K feet or swimming in the ocean!! I am sorry but Texas is FLAT and boring. You have the ocean and the river walk but that just makes the humidity higher. Texas does not have much public land so there are very few public recreational areas. ALSO, check out property taxes in Texas. Because Texas has no state income tax property taxes are ridiculously high. Mesa has NO city property tax and the state taxes are VERY low! Schools in Texas have improved since we lived there, but they still are not that great compared to the midwest. I will have to say one thing that Texas has..it has the nicest people you will ever meet, HOWEVER if you aren't a BORN Texan you will never truly fit in. I work at Mercy Gilbert Hospital...check us out. We are hiring nurses as well. Mesa General is an older osteopathic hospital in an older part of town. Mercy Gilbert just opened in June and I live 3/4 miles from it. It is a very fast growing part of the city, with a new freeway right next to the hospital. Gilbert AZ is the fastest growing city in the nation; LOTS of new housing ect. AND housing prices have gone down in the past year because homebuilders overbuilt. As far as things to do, AZ has it all, skiing, camping, fishing, and we are only a 6 hour drive from San Diego and 2 hour drive from Rocky Pt., Mexico, which is the COOL ocean. If you have any questions you are welcome to PM me. THANKS
    I just read that you are hiring nurses for your osteopathic clinic. I have a good experience in this field and I also did work in a osteopathy clinic as a osteopath and dry needling nurse. Please do let me know that how can I apply for this job?

Junior Hostboard Member tgrannei's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Сome on down! I live in the Dallas area but have relatives in Houston.

Junior Hostboard Member tgrannei's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Come on down! Good luck with your decision and keep us in the loop. What else I want to wrote - what is your opinion about healthcare apps development https://s-pro.iо/healthcare-mobile-app-development? The healthcare market is growing and that means the opportunity to grow your revenue is up. Is it really good idea? Please, I am ready to hear any comment.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123