Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not that I've ever pretended to be computer literate, but I did manage to upload a picture for an avatar very briefly and then when I tried to change it, I lost everything. Every time I choose a photo, HB says my file is too big and refuses it. Any suggestions? I have quite a few AG photos in various places (mostly Kodak Gallery) but how do I get one to upload as an avatar?

And thank you for the warm welcome home.

For the record, if anyone is still counting such things, I have 60 AGs and 22 mini AGs, all but one of which are the old style with the glass eyes. And definitely Jess looks good in EVERYTHING! I have 2 whom I've modified and one I've left alone and I've been making kimonos since March. Lindy and I are trying to duplicate the kimono with a train like the ones in Memoirs of a Geisha.

Ashley1972

I think the way I do it is the hard way but it works. I upload my picture onto my imagestation album and then save it again off of there. Then try to upload the resized picture to my avatar again. If that doesn't work, act like you're going to sell an item on ebay and save your picture onto the auction and then copy it off of there. Crazy, huh? But it works! Another option is to go to photobucket.com . You can resize it on this site. Ahh... the trouble a computer illiterate person has to go through!! LOL! [img]redface.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cherry, can you email me a pic, I will edit it for you and then you can upload it. I usually crop a pic and then upload it to the file. Hope that helps!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ummmmm. I don't know how to do any of those things. I've had this computer less than a month. I'm always surprised when I manage to get my photos out of Kodak Gallery, where they automatically upload, and back onto My Pictures on my own drive. Maybe the problem is I haven't resized them but aside from cropping, which probably doesn't affect the "size" of the picture file, I don't know what to do to it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ria, I PMd you for your email address.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There is a sticky at the top of our board with avatar tips. Usually the problem people have with avatars is that there are too many pixels or that the picture desired is not in a J Peg format. There are a lot of cute AG related avatars in the sticky, too, for those of you looking for just the right size avatar.

Welcome back!!!!! Nice to see you are posting again. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

YEAH Cherry you're back! anytime you need photo help, you know where to find me. I'm savig a CD Rom of all your photos for you and now you have a computer I can send it to you.