Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I can't decide between Kirsten or Kaya.....it's so hard! Plus, this will be my last doll at least for another year (finicial problems) I thought Kaya but her collection is soooo small, and I've heard her braids once taken out are hard to put in again??? The problem with Kirsten is, I have quit a few blonde dolls. Plus I've read both of thier stories and its kinda equal. Any help?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think Kirsten would be a better choice. If you wanted some outfits for her, you can get some of her stuff pretty cheap on e-bay. Kaya's stuff is pretty expensive in general.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Kirsten's hair can be removed from the braids and put back in fairly easily. Even her rolled up braids are pretty simple to put back in once you know the trick.

Kaya's hair, however, I've heard nightmare stories about. Once it comes out, it's all over the place, and it's apparently worse than Josefina's hair (which can be really soft and pretty, but BOY does it tangle fast).

And like mentioned above, Kaya's things are much more expensive. Plus, she has no smile! LOL She just looks too serious for a ten year old girl. I'd go with a Kirsten myself.

*Kas

Kalisa

I would probably choose Kirsten because of the hair issues that I have heard about. Kaya is cute and all, but I sure love my Kirsten and would choose her between the two.

Inactive Member llama_dreamdancer_5's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Any other opinions?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

I'm going to be different and say go with Kaya [img]smile.gif[/img] . I just think her face is so incredibly sweet, and she looks adorable in her long, dark braids. I plan on getting her within the next year or two, and I will be very careful with her hair. I too have heard about it becoming ratty and matted like Josefina's, but I will probably try to keep her hair in the original braids for as long as possible, rebraiding them if I have to. Good luck with your decision!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love both of these dolls, but I would recommend tha you get Kaya. You sound like you are leaning that way when you say that you already have blonde dolls. I have had my Kaya for a few years and I have never taken her braids out. She looks just like the day she arrived. I also have not bought any other clothes for her. I loved her accessories so much that I put my money that way and left her in her original dress for many months. When the first holiday came around, I put her in modern clothes and she looked fabulous. She is such a unique doll. I love the color of her skin and that her mouth is closed. I don't think she looks serious, so much as she looks mysterious. She has a gentle smile and I believe a gentle spirit. I think you could tell her anything and she would understand and of course keep your secrets. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Inactive Member agcollector293110's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have both dolls and unlike everyone else I would say Kaya. She is much more unique than the other girls. I personally love the face mold. It is more serious but it is also adorable (IMO) especially in person. I don't have her hair taken out, but I have a feeling that if you keep it neat and organized from the begining it would be ok. Although her collection has some more expensive items it is also smaller and IMO is easier to collect. Thats just my ideas...let us know what you get!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would get Kaya. I agree that even though her face is serious, it is still very sweet and to me she looks happy at the same time. She's just beautiful.

Inactive Member llama_dreamdancer_5's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Does anyone have any comparison picks between the two? (kirsten and Kaya)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast