Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: HEEE-HAWWW!! Let The HB Dollie Easter/Spring Parade Begin!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Judi and Katie, I love both your albums!!! Katie, your dolls and thier dresses are so pretty, did you color more than one doll? Like Kaya's lips, or Marisol's? They are so pretty!

Jessica

prasnlrd

Originally posted by Katie148:
    .......it's of my girls modeling their (mostly) homemade spring dresses.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Will you stop it and not say that again! [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] Those dresses you made for those dollies were "DROP DEAD" gorgeous! I loved them all! You and your Mom are so blessed and such gifted/talented seamstresses! WOW!!!!!

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

Felicity_Fan85

I'll probably take most pics tonight or tomorrow but I do want a couple outdoor shots so those will be Friday or Sat because there aren't classes those days and I don't really want to take my girls out and have them seen by a lot of people around campus.

Great albums everyone!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

originally posted by FarmhouseGirl:Katie, your dolls and thier dresses are so pretty, did you color more than one doll? Like Kaya's lips, or Marisol's?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks! [img]smile.gif[/img] Yes, I have recolored the majority of my dolls in some way. Back in December I went crazy on them - I love rosy face coloring and felt that many of them were too pale. Some dolls have had their cheeks blushed, some have had their lips touched up, and some have had both. The lip color really shows up in pictures on dolls with plumper lips - Josefina, Marisol, and Kaya's lips usually look very pink and shiny in pictures. The color is more subtle and matte in person, though. I think the camera flash reflects off of their curved lips. On dolls with the classic face mold and thinner lips, the lip color photographs much more true to life. For instance, my old Kirsten and Sam have had their lips and cheeks recolored, but it looks much more subtle in the pictures than Josefina's. On all the dolls, I just used regular human blush on their cheeks, rubbed on gently with a fingertip, and regular human lipstick for their lips, applied with an eyeshadow brush. After a coat of blush or lipstick, I dab off any excess with a tissue and allow the color to settle for a day or two, and then if necessary apply another coat or wash off a coat if it's too much. The color doesn't become permanent right away, so you have a lot of leeway to make changes and get the shade of color you want. But after awhile the color does set into the vinyl and doesn't rub off, so you don't have to worry about it getting on their clothes or smearing.

originally posted by prasnlrd:
    You and your Mom are so blessed and such gifted/talented seamstresses!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thank you so much. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] My mom made me so many nice things when I was younger, and it was watching her create beautiful clothes and accessories for my dolls that made me want to learn to do it myself. Growing up, I always thought there was nothing in the world that my mom couldn't make herself - and I wanted to be creative and crafty just like her. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I made an album: http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2107498088
    Its not really Easter-ish...more spring-outdoorsy-ish. I might make an Easter album later on this week.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Guess what I got in the mail today!? My Easter Exchange. My girls (and boys) thought everything was so cute!! Thank you BeanBunny!!

We made an album, I just added it to the end of my Easter Parade. New pictures start on number 25. Enjoy! And watch out for Mable...

Jessica

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2107571126

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Jessica - your updated album is great.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here is my album. I am afraid I didn't have many of my summer outfits here at school with me, and the pictures are in my dormroom with very poor lighting, so bear with me. Sorry!!!

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...07533487&idx=0

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 10, 2006 10:56 PM: Message edited by: simplepretty ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Vicky - I love your outdoor photos.

Heidi - How do you sew while living in a dorm? Is there a machine or are all your clothes hand stiched?

PS - I love your signature picture with Baby Polly. She looks like a real baby in that pose.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 10, 2006 11:34 PM: Message edited by: judiaci ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Horsemom - I really enjoyed seeing your girls in their beautiful and unique dresses. You did a beautiful job and their hair, too.