Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When you order historical dolls from AG.com...

thepidget

Arrow

When you order historical dolls from the AG website, are they stamped in the back as "Pleasant Company" or "American Girl LLC"?

I've heard that the newer dolls are now stamped AGLLC, and that the company is phasing out its PC dolls. I just ordered Molly in March 2006 and was surprised to see that she was stamped PC.

If you've ordered from AG recently (in 2006), which historical doll did you get and was it AGLLC or PC? Is there any difference in quality between the two? I am saving up my money for another doll this summer, which is why I'm asking. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Thanks for always helping me out, guys!!!! You all are so cool. I appreciate it!!! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 22, 2006 09:56 PM: Message edited by: thepidget ]</font>

JenniferRobin

I recently got two Molly's (first had bad hair issues) First was PC, replacement was AGLLC, and their faces looked totally different. I kept the PC one despite the hair issues. She just looked sweeeter and had a more appealing face, to me anyways!

thepidget

Thanks for the help, Jennie!

When I went to AGPLA, I noticed that some of the display Mollys they had didn't quite look like my PC Molly. I am not sure if they were AGLLC (I didn't think to check back then), but they did look somewhat different and had skinnier bodies. [img]eek.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I bought my Kirsten in February '06 from AGPC and she is stamped AGLLC. [img]frown.gif[/img]
    I love her anyways, she is so pretty!
    ~Annie

Felicity_Fan85

My Feb. 06 Kaya is PC and my Jan. 06 Kirsten is AGLLC. I do like PC stamped in the back instead of AGLLC, but my Kirsten is still a gorgeous doll [img]smile.gif[/img]

monimarine

The newest addition was our Molly, in March, and she is PC.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We got Kit and Kaya in March and April and they are both marked Pleasant Company.

I*love*dolls

I like PC stamps better. [img]frown.gif[/img] Everything about Pleasnt Rowland is going away, it really stinks.

thepidget

I agree with the people who said they liked the PC stamps better. I do too. It seems weird that even that is changing on the dolls.

For those who got PC-stamped historical dolls this year, did you order online or buy the dolls from AGP? [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 23, 2006 08:27 PM: Message edited by: thepidget ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My Kirsten from March of this year has Pleasant Company.

It all depends on where the specific doll comes from, I think. Which mold they have at which doll making factory.

My only dolls with American Girl LLC are AGT26, and Jess, I think. Jess is quite obvious, with the new mold, but I imagine with AGT26, since it's just Addy's mold that mine came from a place that had a newer made mold.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast