Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So last night Hubby asked to see 22 in the Equestrian Outfit. That he bought me both for my birthday.

So I did-its a beautiful outfit.

So then he goes, she needs a horse. Does AG sell a horse? I told him yes a few. He goes that he really likes the carriage-why don't you buy that.

I told him usually buy the time I have money I find something else, and space is an isse.

So now he wants me to save for the carriage and the horse!

This from the guy that dolls freak him out [img]smile.gif[/img]

-Jordyn

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hooray for you! I think most of the guys come around eventually. They like to see us happy and let's face it, the dolls are addictive. My own husband has even learned the names of some of my dolls and he doesn't mind wandering through thrift shops looking for dolly things. MaryMax is the Queen of AG finds and she told me that we just have to think like a doll. I told my husband and I guess it sort of worked. At an antique mall, he found three things that were doll sized: a beer bottle, a wine bottle, and a gun. LOL He's such a guy!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It is so nice when the DH finally comes around dont you just love it....

My dH is so good about the dolly stuff...he has made me lots of really cool stuff and now he wants to make stuff for my friends....he even said I cant believe I am making doll stuff....lol

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My hubby puts up with it, he thinks it is kind of weird that I'm 22 and I love American Girl dolls, but come on... they are more than just toys!

I think it helps a lot that my daughter is really into them now too (hehe an excuse to buy more stuff!) AND also he realizes they are very well made and also quite educational!

He was surprised when my 7 year old daughter told him about the differences between a Loyalist and a Patriot, and why the Patriots no longer wanted tea. [img]wink.gif[/img]

MapleLeaf

Jordyn, sounds like you have a really nice husband. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] He totally understands your love of dolls.

Posted by MaryCarly:
    MaryMax is the Queen of AG finds and she told me that we just have to think like a doll. I told my husband and I guess it sort of worked. At an antique mall, he found three things that were doll sized: a beer bottle, a wine bottle, and a gun. LOL He's such a guy!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You're so right about Mary saying we have to think like a doll. My husband looks out for different things that may be just right for Molly too.
    I love the beer, wine and gun items Mary!! Typical guy...lol

Nia [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Jordyn, that is so great! I think, like MaryCarly said, that most husbands want to do things for their wife that make their wife happy; and it looks like your husband has figured out what that is for you! [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] It is so much fun to work on doll stuff together - looks like you are on your way! [img]smile.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 10, 2006 01:21 PM: Message edited by: Jeanette M. ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by MaryCarly:
    he found three things that were doll sized: a beer bottle, a wine bottle, and a gun. LOL He's such a guy!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, those are things you'll probably never find in an AG catalogue. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Jordyn - your husband sounds great. I would love to have the carriage some day.

I*love*dolls

My dad always goes on how cute Kit is! He always wants me to get stuff for her.... [img]wink.gif[/img] My brother once went through the cataloge and FREAKED OUT about Grace the basset hound. HE LOVED HER SO MUCH!!!!! It was extrememly funny...I still ond't know why he went trhought the cataloge!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I absolutely adore my boyfriend. He not only doesn't think I'm crazy for still loving my dolls, but he thinks they're really cute too! He's read all of Samantha's books and is starting Kirsten's. He's also going to AGP with me in May. He's wonderful!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast