Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have been trying to avoid the inevitable for so long, but the red cord that goes with my Felicity's lace up jacket (on her school outfit) has started to fray, it's very old. It has now gotten impossible to get it through the tiny holes to lace her up.
    I could go to a crafts store and look for a red cord, but I am worried about finding one thin enough. I don't know how to taper the ends off like a professional does.
    Do you think AG would have replacement parts for the dresses??? Probably not. They probably want me to buy another dress.
    I like the feel of the original cord. I don't know if I could find one that would work as well anywhere, but any suggestions would be appreciated.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would give AG a call and talk to CS see it they have a replacement for the cord, or maybe you just have to get the jacket either way it is worth a call.

You can use wax on the tips of the cord to help hold the ends together so you can thread it. Hope that helps.
    [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you! So much!

Wax! I never thought of that as a way to taper the ends of the cord off, and keep it from fraying again. I might try CS first though,

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There is a product in sewing stores called Fraycheck (not sure if I spelled that correctly). It's a liquid that you squeeze onto raw edges of fabric to keep it from unraveling. You could try that on the ends of your cord. I don't know if it would work, but it seems like it should.