Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am very sentimental and Easter time has always been one of my favorite times of the year.

As a child, my favorite memory is getting baby chicks in the spring. My grandparents had a hen house for years and they collected the eggs for everyday cooking. My sister and I were very lucky because every other spring my grandparents would get 6 new baby chicks. We would get to raise them and play with them until they were grown. I loved their soft fuzzy down and tiny chirps. I'll never forget how they felt and sounded.

My favorite memories as an adult are the springtimes when I was pregnant with DS and DD.

DS was due in March of 1996 but ended up being 2 weeks overdue. He was born on the Thursday following Easter and it was one of the happiest springs of my life. It was so amazing to hold a new infant in my arms! It was a wonderful time to have a baby because the weather was gorgeous and he looked so cute in all the pastel colored baby clothes. Mint green and yellow were my favorite colors on him.

Fast forward 4 years to 2000 when I was pregnant with DD. On the Friday before Easter DH and I went for the ultrasound to find out if our new addition would be a boy or a girl. We were thrilled to find out that we were going to have a girl! We told DS (4 at the time) but we decided not to share our news with family members until Easter day. (We figured we could hold out for a day and a half.) DS and I picked out all of the pastel pink and blue eggs from our stash of Easter supplies and decided to do a special Easter egg hunt to reveal our secret. In one of the pink eggs we placed a slip of paper that said, "It's a Girl!" and in all of the other eggs we placed slips of paper that said, "Sorry, try again." We did two hunts--one with DH's side of the family and one with mine. My mother and sister went straight for the pink eggs and found the slip that said, "it's a Girl" in no time. They were all very excited to find out our news. DS still talks about that Easter egg hunt and he'll never forget waiting for his baby sister to arrive. He adores her (most days). [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]

So...now it is your turn...Share your favorite springtime memories.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 13, 2006 10:21 AM: Message edited by: MOM to JILLIAN ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

When I was a little girl in the 1960s, my Mom would dress my sister and I up with new white hats and gloves for church. We would wake up on Easter morning to a table filled with beautiful chocolates and other treats. My Mom would have displayed all the candy in a mosaic type pattern on our large kitchen table. Since I usually gave up sweets for lent, it would be a huge treat to have this chocolate. Yum.

As an adult, my favorite memory is having an Easter egg hunt in our yard with our 3 kids. I would fill a lot of plastic eggs with coins, candy and little trinkets. One egg would have a $5 bill and one egg would have $10 bill. It was fun to watch the kids hunt for the eggs and open them up.

One special Easter about 5 years ago we went with about 20 of our close friends and their kids to Punta Cana. We spent Easter morning watching the sunrise over the Carribean. It was the most beautiful white sand beach strewn with palm trees that I have ever seen. That sunrise was amazing and deeply moving. [img]graemlins/sun.gif[/img]

MissCurlyCat

Wink

Mine's kind of short......

Eating jellybeans!!!!!

Thanks for shareing!

ETA: I did enjoy spending time with my grandfather when I was little though. Some of my fondest memories of him were ones that took place during Easter. He passed away not to long ago so the memories of him have become some of my most treasured.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 13, 2006 12:18 PM: Message edited by: MissCurlyCat ]</font>

prasnlrd

When I think of Easter-time family memories; my mother comes to mind. She absolutely loved to see all her grandchildren in their Sunday Easter dress and made such over big "hoopla" over her "faneeneenees'"...(if you can pronounce that HA!)...she always made up unusual endearament names for her grandchildren. I also always took her an Easter Lilly and orchid corsage to wear to church on Easter.

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]