Thread: OT - Friendship trouble! Advice please.

MissCurlyCat

Has anyone ever read the book ?Harriet the Spy?? Well I?m in a situation similar to the one Harriet was in. I like to spy on people and eves drop a lot (shame on me, I know) and I record whatever I find in a notebook. Because I?m a short and small person it?s easy for me to be overlooked and disregarded.

Well, my friends started to pass around a notebook about two weeks ago. They write little notes to each other in it; it?s kind of like a message board on paper. The only problem is I?m never allowed to see it, or write in it. I?m always seeking peeks at it recorded what ever I see, in return I get nasty glares and sneers from my friends. I feel so left out. I asked them one day what they do in that note book in the cafeteria since they were writing in it in front of me.
    ?I don?t know,? They cried secretively in unison.
    ?Can I see it? Or can I write a little note in it?? I inquired.
    ?No.?, was the only answer I got in return.

Is it wrong for me to expect them to reveal their notebook if I won?t share mine? If I did share mine I know they would shun me for life though. What should I do? If I told them I wanted to see their notebook they might ask to see mine in return. Is it fair for me too see theirs, but not share mine?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think you are finding out what it is to grow up.

Your behavior has been wrong - If you are real friends with these kids I would sit down and have a real open heart to heart with them - Apologizing for your behavior. Those who are your friends will remain so. In the future cut out the spying - No good ever comes of it....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think they know you've been spying on them, and they don't like it. They're showing you what it feels like. I would apologize, promise to destroy your notebook (and DO it!), promise not to start another one and see if you can earn back their trust.

Jo