Thread: OT: I miss my son!!

rolloverrover

DS11 became DS12 yesterday and is all the way on the other side of the country in Washington, D.C. He went with a small group of fifth and sixth graders from his school and a neighboring school in the same district.

On Monday he got to visit Colonial Williamsburg. He called us yesterday (so we could wish him a Happy Birthday!) and he's having lots of fun.

The best thing is that tomorrow night (at 11:15 p.m.) we get to pick him up!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/party.gif[/img]

chrstnwmn7

Awwwwe. I understand missing your child. Especially if they are away on their birthday! I am glad you get to pick him up tomorrow!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi,
    I hardly ever post, but just wanted to let you know I feel for you. . .I am so pitiful that I miss my DS (14) and he is only 4 miles away at a friend's house (sleepover)!!!!

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that someone else knows how you feel! [img]wink.gif[/img] At least you know he is having a great time! Happy Birthday to him!

Sandy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I'm sorry you miss him so much, but if it helps, I live in DC (great place to visit, not my favorite to live) and he's here at absolutely the most perfect time [img]smile.gif[/img] I know he must be having a great trip! All of us who live here are always jealous of the tourists because they have all the fun [img]wink.gif[/img]

prasnlrd

Wink

Yes, I can understand that. I missed having DD with me after she returned from her month off form school. He is getting a great experience and you will have him back tomorrow.

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh I know the feeling of having a kid away on a birthday, Nancy. I can feel for you! Sarah was at 4-H camp one year on her birthday and they really don't encourage phoning home so we didn't get to wish her a happy birthday till she got home. He'll be home before you know it and look at all the great pics and stories he'll have for you! I [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Williamsburg!