Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: American Inventor Nia Doll.....(OT?)

I*love*dolls

Exclamation

<font size="1111000000000000000000">IS IN THE TOP TWELVE OF AMERICAN INVENTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOO HOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!</font>

I was VERY Happy at the results of the top 12!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, I saw that too. We liked several of the top 12 inventors and their inventions. Our favorite so far is the sand bag shovel. It has a simple design and would save property from flooding. It will be interesting to see how the Nia doll does. The lady who invented her is very passionate and caring so I hope she does well.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 14, 2006 02:30 PM: Message edited by: MOM to JILLIAN ]</font>

I*love*dolls

Originally posted by MOM to JILLIAN:
    Yes, I saw that too. We liked several of the top 12 inventors and their inventions. Our favorite so far is the sand bag shovel. It has a simple design and would save property from flooding. It will be interesting to see how the Nia doll does. The lady who invented her is very passionate and caring so I hope she does well.

<font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ April 14, 2006 02:30 PM: Message edited by: MOM to JILLIAN ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I likes the sadnbag shovel too. Another one I like is the restroom door clip. At a summer theatre class I went to last summer the bathrooms were horrible (the building is old) and like 3/4 of all the stalls had locks that didn't work and you would have to get someone to hold the door for you. It would be so much easier if we just had those. Thankfully they are redoing the bathrooms!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The twelce contestants are wonderful - I really think all of them will do well with their products in the long run

I would buy the Niya Doll in a heartbeat as well as one of those Bathroom door locks and the eadable snow globes

I*love*dolls

Originally posted by FelinaDoon:
    The twelce contestants are wonderful - I really think all of them will do well with their products in the long run

I would buy the Niya Doll in a heartbeat as well as one of those Bathroom door locks and the eadable snow globes
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Those edible snow globes sounded so goooood. She didn't make it to the final 12, did she?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm sorry, I only saw one of these shows at the beginning, what is the Nia doll?? Could you tell me about it. Thanks!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm enjoying this show, too. [img]biggrin.gif[/img] I was rooting for the bear, though. I was a mentor and would have really benefitted from something like that, especially since kids are really into Build-a-Bear right now. I was also disappointed that the Quad Flosser didn't make it since my dad has a mobility disability and loves flossing.

The one I felt shouldn't have made it was the bicycle guy. He seemed like a great guy, but riding on the front of bikes is extremely dangerous (and illegal in some states) because it obstructs the view of the person in back who is steering. I can't foresee that invention being embraced by too many parents or too many towns. In my town you'd probably get pulled off the front and get a lecture from the nearest Mom or Dad around the neighborhood. [img]wink.gif[/img]

The only invention anyone in my family has gone wild about is the occupied stall invention. I think it needs to be done in metal--plastic is too breakable and would probably be much more likely to harbor bacterial growth, but my mom is ready to buy one as is. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

The snow-globe food kit lady didn't make it. I thought those were silly--where was the snow? She needed to make a sealed double-domed design with the water/snow sandwiched in between. (This came to me in a dream, which just goes to show, I've been watching this show too much. [img]wink.gif[/img] )

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 14, 2006 07:07 PM: Message edited by: Melissa ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was really happy to see Nia doll lady make it to the top twelve. My mother and I have been watching the show from the beginning and all of our favorites got in: the sandbag guy, the carseat to reduce impact, the football reciever training bar and the stall door clip. I would buy one of those bathroom stall door clips in an instant! I thought the snowglobes were a cute idea, but not enough to make the top twelve.

As for the not so hot inventions, my favorites were "My Theraphy Buddy", cute animal with a creepy voice saying "Everything is going to be alright", the pre-emptive pooper scoopr and the "Bladder Buddy". I got alot of laughs out of the auditions, but I liked it wasn't quite as negative as American Idol can be sometimes.

Oh, and I love Doug! He's not much to look at (short, fat, bald, glasses) but I think he's got a spiffy personality. *smooches for Doug*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was happy to see the Nia doll go up to the top 12. That means she gets $50,000 no matter what. As much as I would love to see her get to the top, I don't think she's practical enough to win (trying to think like those judges).

Inactive Member llama_dreamdancer_5's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I feal like a total idiot asking this but [img]redface.gif[/img] .....what exactly is the "nia doll" [img]redface.gif[/img] [img]redface.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 14, 2006 11:04 PM: Message edited by: llama_dreamdancer_5 ]</font>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast