Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Does anyone know if these are worth much money now? I have 16 Mary-Kate and Ashley VHS's that I don't watch anymore, and I was thinking of selling them. If I did list them on eBay, would they even sell? TIA if anyone can help me out! [img]smile.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 14, 2006 05:27 PM: Message edited by: AGfanatic ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I haven't had any luck on Ebay or Garage sales with VHS tapes. I had those and Veggie Tales listed.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No, they're not really worth anything.

Mary-Kate & Ashley were soooo popular years ago, that there were jillions of each of the tapes made (they sold well in the millions). So, there's no scarcity or anything, which is what drives up prices.

Also, like Dalmatian said, VHS tapes just don't sell for much anymore. It's weird to me that many people don't even *own* VHS players anymore! Did they upgrade ALL of their movies? LOL, what are they going to do when we move past DVD?

We have an amazing used bookstore here, that sells everything from books to records to DVDs, and they normally have a number of these Olsen movies in, and they price them at 4-6 (but they also price Disney VHS movies at 12, which you can buy them new for now), and they don't sell, it seems they always have the same ones in everytime I go.

Which tapes do you have? I bought a few of the "You're Invited" party ones for about 2 bucks brand new, still in the shrink wrap a few weeks ago (which I think is a perfectly fair price given most of them only run for 25 minutes), I wouldn't expect used ones to sell for any more than that. I've also bought a few of the old movie-movies recently (sold or lost mine a few years ago), including How the West Was Fun, Double Double Toil and Trouble, and To Grandmother's House We Go for 1-3 bucks, depending on the movie (some are in clamshells, and were a bit more).

I'm about half a year older than they are, so I was a big fan when the Olsen Twin popularity was at it's peak. I'm sorta looking for a few of the Mystery tapes (where they're the Trenchcoat Twins), so if you're selling any of those, and would be ok getting like 1-2 bucks each, lol, let me know.

If they're in good condition, you might be able to get, maybe, $20 if you sold them all in one lot on ebay. Still doesn't seem like much considering how much they were new when they first came out...

Sorry, that got a bit long [img]redface.gif[/img] .

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What titles are you thinking of selling? I might be interested in some of them. When I was younger I mostly rented the videos, but have been working on getting my own copies.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have You're Invited to Mary-Kate & Ashley's Mall Party, Sleepover Party, Camp Out Party, Fashion Party, Hawaiian Beach Party, Birthday Party, Costume Party, and Ballet Party. I have one adventure/mystery vidoeo, it is The Case of The Logical i Ranch. I also have two "music videos"- Our first Video, and Our music Video. I have 5 movies: It Takes Two, Holiday In The Sun, Double, Double, Toil And Trouble, To Grandmother's House We Go, and Billboard Dad. I am thinking of asking $2.00 for each You're Invited Party, mystery, and "music" videos. I am asking $2.50-$3.00 for the movies (they all come in the "clamshell" cases). Shipping will be $2.50 Priority Mail. Payment by Paypal preferred. Videos from a pet-free, smoke-free home. Please PM me if you are interested.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 14, 2006 07:07 PM: Message edited by: AGfanatic ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by cami713:
    No, they're not really worth anything.
    It's weird to me that many people don't even *own* VHS players anymore! Did they upgrade ALL of their movies? LOL, what are they going to do when we move past DVD?.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">hehehe I don't have a VHS player X3 My mom still does. Took her forever to actually use the DVD player we got her [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img] I figure we still have a bit of time before we move past DVD players... I don't actually own a lot of movies, non were really VHS's.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bumping this for anyone interested.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sadly, I have that Mystery one [img]frown.gif[/img] . Thanks for listing though, I'll bump this for Laurie. Our First Video is really cute, if anyone has looked at this thread curious about the Olsen movies. It's a bunch of their kiddie videos to their dorky (yet cute) kiddie songs. How old are they in Our Music Video? I like them best when they're the age I liked them at, which is about 6-9, that makes the tapes more of a nostalgic thing.

I figure we still have a bit of time before we move past DVD players... I don't actually own a lot of movies, non were really VHS's.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This year starts the beginning of the next generation- HD and Blu-Ray, which will be "competing", (I think the latter will win). Of course it'll be a few years before either one takes over DVD, and probably a good few more years before DVD is as gone as VHS is right now. But, I have quite a few DVDs, I'll be sad when they're not the latest thing anymore. Of course, I still have loads of VHS movies, and still watch them. [img]smile.gif[/img] For years the only DVD player we had was my PS2, lol! I seems like DVD was just fully "accepted" in the last couple years, and we're already moving up, *sigh*.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks! I pm'd you, AGFanatic.

How old are they in Our Music Video?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm not sure how old they are but it's just a collection of different songs from their party and mystery videos, with them introducing each video and doing jokes in between. I'm thinking it's from like, 1997, maybe?

I'd have a hard time replacing my vhs collection, most of them are gymnastics competitions taped off of the tv. I can't really just get the dvd version of those. [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by cami713:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> I figure we still have a bit of time before we move past DVD players... I don't actually own a lot of movies, non were really VHS's.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This year starts the beginning of the next generation- HD and Blu-Ray, which will be "competing", (I think the latter will win). Of course it'll be a few years before either one takes over DVD, and probably a good few more years before DVD is as gone as VHS is right now. But, I have quite a few DVDs, I'll be sad when they're not the latest thing anymore. Of course, I still have loads of VHS movies, and still watch them. [img]smile.gif[/img] For years the only DVD player we had was my PS2, lol! I seems like DVD was just fully "accepted" in the last couple years, and we're already moving up, *sigh*.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">*blinks* o_O hmmm hd and blu ray... man I am out of the loop. Well I hope its not any time soon, I'm happy with DVDs. Well renting them can be a pain because some people don't know how to handle DVDs [img]mad.gif[/img] without making a mess of them [img]graemlins/whatever.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast