Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uh-oh... starting to like AGT...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know what you mean. I didn't care for AGT when they first came out either. Part of what fascinated me about AG was the history of it all.
    But now I really want an AGT. I like how you they have so many different combinations of dolls and I want one to make my 1980's girl.
    I am one of the few people who thought the 80's were a great decade. I miss permed hair. [img]wink.gif[/img]
    I think every decade has their crazy fads. If I get an AGT and I plan to she would be my 80's girl.

I*love*dolls

I used to not like Today girls...but now I want one because I don't really like any of the historicals I don't have exept for Felicity. Plus I'm so tired of waiting for a new Collection doll. ITS BEEN FOUR YEARS ALREADY!!!! *growls*

Oh, and Today dolls started in the mid 90, not 80s.

Felicity_Fan85

AGT dolls are cute and they can be turned into OOAK historicals, in a way. I say go for it!

I*love*dolls

I used to not like Today girls...but now I want one because I don't really like any of the historicals I don't have exept for Felicity. Plus I'm so tired of waiting for a new Collection doll. ITS BEEN FOUR YEARS ALREADY!!!! *growls*

Oh, and Today dolls started in the mid 90s, not 80s.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have two AGTs that have joined my historicals. Lindsey is Kirsten's best friend and the doll you are thinking of (#21) is Addy's best friend. I also have three other AGTs that are modern girls and they are going to be thrilled when Jess eventually joins them. [img]smile.gif[/img] I love the historicals with their stories, but it also a ton of fun naming and getting to know them. Each one has a unique personality.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 16, 2006 03:40 PM: Message edited by: MaryCarly ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Don't open Pandora's box (at least that is what I tell my self)! I collect historicals and Bitty and so far have resisted AG today. I buy AG today items for my neices but I feel like I do not have the space for AG today. Since I love, love, love to get new AG items I know I would get caught up in getting everything so I resist, for now. We are looking into buying a home and if that works out I may have the space for AG today but not the money!

Brenda

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have one AG today, and she'smore of a time traveler. I'll put her in anything. I'm more of a historical person myself, as well. I love studying history.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Glad I'm not the only one! I kind of thought if I get an AGT, it would be sometime later this year perhaps and she'd travel around and visit the other dolls. When not time traveling, she'd hang out in AGT clothes, but I don't really want AGT furniture and accessories and whatnot.

I really think it's just the appeal of having a doll to wear those early AGT outfits- I'd buy a few from the current line that are cute, but I already have the Girl Scout uniform and I'm thinking more of getting outfits I would have worn as a girl. I used to rock climb, for example- and the equestrian outfits would be great. I also would get anything remotely gothic- the vinyl jumper was a little punkish and that would be fun.

I guess the little clothes and capacity for one doll to just be free to run around to any time period and be anyone is getting to be appealing, especially as the rest of the stuff comes to a close (at least til they bring a new historical into the mix).

I'm not doing the "friends" collections, and if I got into AGT most of my wish list would be retired. I don't like pink and frills, so a lot of the newer stuff doesn't appeal to me that much, but the basic mix and match, real kid kind of clothes are just so cute!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

They are really growing on me too! I've loved the historicals for years and I considered myself a purist when it came to their outfits. Now, I'm seeing that it is really neat to dress the girls for holidays and everyday events in more modern looking clothes. Sooo...I've decided at some point we will be getting an AGOT. That way we can pick some of the more modern outfits for her. Right now #21 and #23 are our favorites.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've resisted AGT for all these years. I'm a historical collector. But lately I've been thinking about buying just one AGT so I can collect some of the clothes- they're so cute sometimes!

Plus, I'm starting to think the 1980s AGT stuff is kind of historical now. It'd be kind of neat to have a doll that wears clothes like I wore in the late 80s as a kid. I'm thinking of AGT #21 (blonde curly hair with hazel eyes)- she looks like my mom and aunt.

I'm getting Jess and Kaya (the last historical I don't have) next week and I think I'm just kind of sad there aren't any more historicals left to look forward to, hence I'm beginning to take more of a look at AGT. I'm nearly done with most of the historical collections except for Kaya, Kit, and Jess/Molly (1940s stuff and Japanese stuff) and I'm used to having long lists for all my girls. As I finish up my historical collections I guess AGT is looking better and better- I can't seem to want to really be DONE with collecting and just waiting for new stuff, you know?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast