Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Does anybody ever worry that there bidding against another HB member when your on Ebay?I'm always paranoid that I'm going to win something that another member REALLY wants,and then I'll feel kinda bad.Maybe I'm just too soft [img]wink.gif[/img] I'm watching something right now that would be a really good deal if a bidding war doesn't get started,but I stongly suspect someone here has alredy put a bid on it.I hate to beat out a board member but I'd hate to miss out on a deal too [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, I think you are being too soft. Think of the seller - if you are willing to pay more for their item, but don't, you hurt the seller. I just bid the highest amount I am willing to spend for an item.

Ashley1972

I actually made a list of the HB members ebay id's so that I could remember who not to bid against. I would never bid against a HB member unless I really wanted something for a long time.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sometimes I worry about that. If there is a good deal I want on eBay I can be aggressive to make sure I get the item. [img]redface.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't know anyones ebay IDs except Homemommies.I don't feel that way about every auction,just ones I know would be a coveted steal,like Lindsey for,like $50 or felicity's townfair outfit for a really good price,OR if its something another member has been looking for.I know I'm a huge softie,but I wouldn't feel bad that I won,just that they didn't,if that makes any sense.Although,I've been after a Lindsey for the longest time,and I wasn't upset that I missed out on the $35 Lindsey someone here got,just happy they got it.OK,I'm done rambling now [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Ashley's Mommy:
    I actually made a list of the HB members ebay id's so that I could remember who not to bid against.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That only works as long as HB members keep the same HB ID for at least as long as their eBay ID. Some folks change their HB IDs as often as one would change their socks...

Taffy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Taffy Cheerful:
    That only works as long as HB members keep the same HB ID for at least as long as their eBay ID. Some folks change their HB IDs as often as one would change their socks...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL!!!
    [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unless it's something I REALLY want, and I know it's a HB member bidding, I don't. Especially with handmade doll dresses. Case in point, a few weeks ago I saw Ponydreamer bidding on a dress I liked, but I knew that eventually another dress by this seamstress would come around that I would want (can't win them all). I did feel bad that she didn't win it either. [img]frown.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have a posting ID........a selling ID...and a buying ID...........it's hard to keep track of me!

I think it's better if you don't post on the board that you really want a particular item. Case in point.......I was bidding on an item, and someone on this board mentioned how much they wanted that particular item, and were going to bid on it at the end. Well....I was outbid, by someone else, and dropped out of the bidding because I knew this person wanted it,and I wasn't going to get in a bidding war, and then they weren't able to be there to bid. I would have bid higher, and the seller would have made more money, but that didn't happen. It really wasn't fair to the seller, who was also a board member.
    It's one of those dilemmas we face when we post our "items", and our "wants" on this board.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[Quote/]I think it's better if you don't post on the board that you really want a particular item. Case in point.......I was bidding on an item, and someone on this board mentioned how much they wanted that particular item, and were going to bid on it at the end. Well....I was outbid, by someone else, and dropped out of the bidding because I knew this person wanted it,and I wasn't going to get in a bidding war, and then they weren't able to be there to bid. I would have bid higher, and the seller would have made more money, but that didn't happen. It really wasn't fair to the seller, who was also a board member.
    It's one of those dilemmas we face when we post our "items", and our "wants" on this board.[/QB][/QUOTE]

I do agree, it's tough while you don't want to get into a bidding war with anyone here, I always wish the best to the sellers, especially of handsewn clothes. They deserve the $ for all the amazing work, creativity and detail put into those charming miniature clothes.

BTW, my ebay ID is pinkolivetree, and I am an AGaholic.