Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doll heads / Doll hospital

MickeyFan

I just sent a Lindsey and a PM Kirsten off to the hospital. We were told to send the doll completely naked because anything that goes with them will not be coming back with them. We were told to include a note for ANYTHING that is a special request. Also, you can request that they call you before making any changes. We included in our list to just change the eyes and if that wasn't possible we wanted to be called first. If after we were called and it was agreed that they could only be repaired by having a new head, we wanted the old ones back. My reason for this is if I don't like the new head I can always change it back. We also requested the limbs be tightened and the hair fixed. Since the work is warrantied I am not sure they will do all that, but I figured I would ask. Also, our Lindsey has the darker greenish tones so if they had to put a new head on, we requested that her limbs match the head. I also told them I wanted the original strings to stay on the doll. I figured we would discuss it on the phone, but if I sent the note along it would have proof of the request if it didn't get done. We were also told to include your credit card information on the hospital form even if the work was under warranty because it speeds up the repair process for some reason. I am not certain, but I would think they would need the head to be included with the doll you send in.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 20, 2006 01:08 PM: Message edited by: MickeyFan ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've sent in two headless dolls before with a note telling them which doll it was and both came back with new heads. I've also requested to be contact and got nothing, when I called CS they told me the hospital doesn't do that. Hope this helps.

Shanna

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was going through a similar predicament--I wanted to keep the old Pre-mattel head. I asked Customer Service what to do, and they said they could send me back the old head along with the newly reheaded Molly doll. They said just be sure to attach a note with a request.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If it were me, I'd send the doll in headless, with a note telling which one it is, and including your requests for matching skintone and neckstrings. (A photograph would be nice,too, if convenient)
    I think it's most likely they'd replace the head, and probably the limbs, too. I believe the policy is that the limbs match the head, unless otherwise requested by the customer, but I'm not entirely certain.
    The worst that could happen is that they send your doll home headless, and you'd be out the shipping; BUT, you'd still have the original PM head.

Good luck! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

along the same lines, if the neckstrings are already cut when you send the doll in, can you request a new neckstring?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Make sure to rubber band the note to the doll's torso so it doesn't get lost.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I wrapped Lissie in bubblewrap, taped it tight and taped the special requests to the outside, right on top. Oh dear, do you think they'll lose it? I already sent her out and havent heard back yet [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Anna,

I just sent in both my Lindsey, and my Kailey. I attached cute little letters written by the girls requesting a better skin tone, high cheek color, keep the neck strings, and PLEASE send the old heads back. AG called me and told me that there are no better skin tones for Lindsey since only one lot was issued. I told them to go ahead with the change anyway. I was also told adamently that they DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES send the original heads back. I was very upset, and over three phone conversations argued with AG.

1) Many people from this board have requested heads back in writing just as I have, including one woman with three Lindseys who got all three Lindsey heads back; to which reply I got "Well, then, they made a very rare exception for her."

2) I argued how much money I spend with AG, and could they fill a simple request, I'd be happy to pay extra shipping; to which I was told "We do not make exceptions based upon how much money you spend."

3) I'd like to have the heads back as back ups in case my daughter grows up and chops their hair off, I'd have a second resort over paying high secondary market prices to replace the doll (I haven't decided if I'll keep them or not, but it was a good argument) to which I was told "I'll put in a request for an exception for you, but I can't promise anything. If you don't hear from me, they've accepted your request, otherwise, I'll call you and tell you." I haven't heard anything, so hopefully no news is good news.

My last argument, and most true will be -It's MY property, bought and payed for, so there should be no reason I can't have it back! I'm also paying for the additional head!!

Good luck, Anna. I am having a terrible time!! They charged my account for the dolls, so hopefully they are on their way home! I don't know if I'll find a big disappointment, or be pleasantly surprised!

-D

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I sent in 4 dolls for head replacement. 2 in October and the other 2 in Demcember. I avoid confrontation at all costs so I didn't call ahead but just wrote explicit notes basically requesting the same 3 things you did. The last batch included my Lindsey and I really held my breath but she and her old head came back just fine. I did not pay to have any limbs tightened but the Felicity I sent was PM with terrible hair and very loose limbs. Since I requested that they match the vinyl I was hoping to get a whole new doll (she was DD's Christmas present and PM vs Mattel wasn't an issue.) She came back with a new head and her old loose body. The vinyl doesn't match exactly but I did get what I paid for. Good luck. I hope it all works out for you. I was very pleased.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know this has been talked about and talked about, but I needed to check on the current experiences / opinions before I mail my dolly away.

I have a doll- a current, common AGOT doll. She does not have silver eye or any other defect, she just needs a new wig. I will be paying for the new head.

I want to keep the old head. I spend a lot of time searching for fixer dolls and I might need a spare head someday.

If I mail her in with NO HEAD, and I keep her head here, it would insure that I get to keep her head, however, I am concerned that they might not let me send her like that.

If I send a note, and just request her original head back, I am concerned that they might not send it back.

I do not plan to call CS about this. I have spoken to people at CS who were so sweet and kind, it just left me smiling all day- but, I have also talked to mean, snarky, rude people who made me just want to cry. I do not feel like being treated like a criminal today, so I am not risking a phone call.

Can anyone tell me how things have been going recently? Are they sending heads back when requested? Will they replace her head if I send her without one? I could maybe send a photo of her with her head on too?
    Am I better off just to send her in complete with her head and hope for the best?

Also, she has a greenish yellow skin tone, if I mention that, is there any chance they could do something about it?

I have a laundry list of request already, should I add anything else?

Here are my request:

1. Please return her original head along with my doll, with her new head.
    2. Please use a neck string and now a plastic tie.
    3. Please make sure her head and limbs match.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast