Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

I really want to take advantage of the Paisley Dress Outfit being on special, so I would like to call AGP and order it, along with the $30 (at least) worth of merchandise that I have to order in order to get it. I've never ordered through a PS before, so I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out [img]smile.gif[/img] .

First of all, how exactly do I contact a PS? Do I just call the regular number for AG, and ask for a personal shopper, or is there a specific number to call?

How much does it cost to ship what you buy to you? Is it the same shipping costs as what AG charges if you order through the website? Does shipping vary depending on which store you order from?

And, the best question of all, what else do you think I should buy [img]wink.gif[/img] . My mom was going to order the Paisley Dress Outfit for me, along with the other $30 worth of stuff, as kind of a "belated Easter gift," but I also have $40, and then I would be just a little short of being able to get another doll [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] . I might be able to earn the other $17 by cleaning or something, so getting a doll is an option. Okay, here are all my options, purchase-wise:

A) Contribute my $40 and earn the other $17 and buy an AGT, either 22 or 26.
    B) Buy $30 worth of store exclusives.
    C) Buy an outfit and a small accessory or store exclusive.

So, option A, option B, or option C? Why?

Thanks in advance for answers to any of my questions [img]smile.gif[/img] .

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm leaning towards option B for my self right now. How bad do you want/need another doll? Why don't you just let your mom get you option B with the Special then save your $40.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have really been "craving" a new doll lately. I've already developed a personality for my future 22, and am working on one for 26. I'm still not sure whether or not I want to save or spend my money [img]confused.gif[/img] .

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

*Bumpity-bump*

Any more answers, or opinions on what I should buy? Also, store exclusive item reviews are welcomed [img]smile.gif[/img] .

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 20, 2006 09:40 PM: Message edited by: Dreaming of Dolls* ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I say A! I think that would be the best option. I love #22 and #26, but I am a little biasied toward #22 because I have her. That was very nice of your mom to offer to buy you that. Good Luck choosing. I forgot to say that the number is 1-877-AG-PLACE. You press 2 for NY or 1 for Chicago. I think that NY would get it faster to you because you live closer. they are closed now, but when you do call and speak with someone from NY, ask for Personal Shopping. All of the personal shoppers are great and very nice. Anyone of them who picks up, just tell them you would like to place an order. I do not know about the shipping, sorry.

About the reviews

Girl sized Coconut $18 or $20::Very nice, soft and cuddly. She is not like the regular one that is hard. Worth the price. Much bigger than regualar doll-sized Coconut

Doll sized American Girl Place red t-shirt (old one): Very cute. It could be paired with any type of Jeans like from the Ready for- fun outfit. I love it it also comes in black with rhinestones.

That is all I could think of now, but I am sure others will have more reviews.

Girl sized Coconut $18 or $20:

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 20, 2006 09:57 PM: Message edited by: Kaileyfan1 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kaileyfan1:
    [QB]I say A! I think that would be the best option. I love #22 and #26, but I am a little biasied toward #22 because I have her. That was very nice of your mom to offer to buy you that. Good Luck choosing. I forgot to say that the number is 1-877-AG-PLACE. You press 2 for NY or 1 for Chicago. I think that NY would get it faster to you because you live closer. they are closed now, but when you do call and speak with someone from NY, ask for Personal Shopping. All of the personal shoppers are great and very nice. Anyone of them who picks up, just tell them you would like to place an order. I do not know about the shipping, sorry.

About the reviews

Girl sized Coconut $18 or $20::Very nice, soft and cuddly. She is not like the regular one that is hard. Worth the price. Much bigger than regualar doll-sized Coconut

Doll sized American Girl Place red t-shirt (old one): Very cute. It could be paired with any type of Jeans like from the Ready for- fun outfit. I love it it also comes in black with rhinestones.

That is all I could think of now, but I am sure others will have more reviews.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There are plenty more people on now compared to earlier, especially people who just came from AGPLA, so is there anyone else who can offer advice, reviews, or answers?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I went with option B a couple days ago. When you order through a PS the shipping is the same as it is on the website, and from what I've heard you can't use codes with a PS.

If I was going to buy something that I could get online I'd wait for a code. Since I knew I had to go through a PS to get the paisley outfit, I thought I'd take advantage of the store exclusives, since that's the only way I could get them without driving to AGPC (1-1/2 hours).

I bought the pink doll shirt & bikini ($8) each and the pj set ($14) to get my total to exactly $30 so I could order the paisley dress. I took pics of Jess in these items in this album:

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2107162935

Hope this helps!

Cheri

(edited to add link)

Edited again to say that these are from AGPC. I noticed from the AGPLA albums that their items are slightly different.

<font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ April 21, 2006 08:11 AM: Message edited by: Cheri444 ]</font></font>

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 21, 2006 08:14 AM: Message edited by: Cheri444 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It looks like the new store exclusive swimsuit for $8, PJs for $14 and star tee shirt are very cute.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

Thanks, Cheri! I think I'll go with option B for now [img]smile.gif[/img] . Even though I'd love to have a new doll, since I'll be at AGP in December, I'll be able to get one there, and if I save more money, maybe even two [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] . Hehe. Thanks everyone for the information!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast