Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Is there a good snipper service for e-bay . i have never used one and I want to get something and wont be able to be here to watch the action . Thanks for your help. Diane [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I like esnipe.com and they give you a week free snipes to try them out.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've tried a few of them. eSnipe is my favorite.

megaagfan1

What is eSnipes? I've heard of snippers, but I don't know what they are..Can someone tell me? Thanks!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

From what I understand is that they bid for you in the last seconds so that there is no bidding war . and the price tends to stay the same . I think that is right . [img]wink.gif[/img] Diane

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A sniping service will place a bid for you in the final seconds of a listing. This allows you to make last minute bids even if you are not at your computer. You just put in the maximum you are willing to bid and the service will enter that bid in the last 5-10 seconds.

www.justsnipe.com will give you 5 free snipes each week. I never use all of those up, so I never have to pay.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have used eSnipe with great success for several years and am very happy with their service. eSnipe added a "group" feature last year that I have used several times.

You can create a group consisting of a set of individual auctions, usually for the same item from different sellers, placing a bid for each -- the bids can be different for each, adjusting for shipping, etc. Then eSnipe will bid for each one in succession and the first one that wins will cause all of the other bids to be dropped. I used this feature to buy an outfit for my dolls when a seller listed the same outfit in five separate auctions. eBay rules say the buyer should have used a Dutch auction instead. I won the fourth one, which caused the fifth bid to be cancelled before it was placed with eBay.

Mind you, bids made inside of eSnipe are not known to eBay until the last several seconds of the auction, so killing a bid in eSnipe is not an eBay "bid retraction".

Taffy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

wow thanks for the info I hate to get in a bidding war and I think some poeple bid you if up just for the heck of it , you know what I mean, out of spite etc. So do you have pretty good luck keeping the price down etc? thanks Diane

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I, too, use esnipe and love it.

The best feature, for me, is that as Taffy mentioned, you can withdraw a snipe bid before the end of an auction, if you no longer want the item. This is really handy when you are watching multiple auctions for the same item. You can't bid on all of them on ebay at the same time without risking ending up with multiples, but you can set esnipe up to where you can bid on them until you win one, and then it cancels the rest.

Linda

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by ladydi43:
    So do you have pretty good luck keeping the price down etc?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, in fact, I do. I first went to eSnipe not because of the feeding frenzy that some folks get into near the end of an auction, but because some weasel was stalking my auctions. Most folks are unaware that anyone can view what auctions you currently have bids out on and this person was bidding on everything I bid on within a couple hours of my bids. I checked her bids and she was only bidding on doll items I had already bid on. It was very unnerving.

Once I switched to eSnipe for the bulk of my bidding her visibility into my bids vanished. The bid only showed up on eBay after it was too late for her to see my bid. Additionally, I got the very useful benefit of not contributing to the feeding frenzy.

Essentially, it is bid and forget. If I win, eBay lets me know and I will pay with PayPal. If I lose, I have the comfort of knowing that I could not buy the item for the price it was worth to me.

Taffy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast