Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

For the doll or for the girl?

My mom just got the doll's and last night when we had an early birthday party for me she (er, her AGT4 Windy) let my Maddie wear it first. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I only kinda liked it in the catalog but not enough to want it, but it is much prettier in person and now I wish I had put it on my wish list, lol. But Windy and my girls share clothes often enough that atleast they'll get to borrow it some times.

It fit nicely and is so pretty! The sandals are very pretty but I think they looked a little strange because the part that goes between the toes isn't there even though that looks like the style they were trying to have. The only real problem we have is that the layers are a bit flat from being stored and we aren't sure how to get them fluffed up. I definitely recommend the outfit though!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I simply love this dress. The material is very soft and very realistic, exactly what you'd expect this dress at any real store to be made of. The shirt (and sleeves) are sheer, but there's a nice solid material under the dress, so, of course it's not see-through. The tiers on the skirt make it more floofy, and extra cute.

I love the sleeves, they seem so very modern and stylish, but make the dress seem a bit less timeless than other dresses AG has made. The embroidery is very, very pretty, with both silver and a dark pink, along with some irridescent silver sequins. I thought it a bit odd of them to use silver as an accent on the dress, but to make the shoes gold. Doesn't detract from the outfit, but it still seemed odd. The lace on the bodice seemed a bit out of place to me, in the catalogue. It still does in person, but much less so. It doesn't wrap around to the back, and is the lone bit of lace on the outfit, but it is cute.

The shoes are *great*! I love how they've done these flip flops, as opposed to Jess's. When real people wear flip flops, you hardly see the "thong" part, and it makes total sense for that to also be nonexistant on these shoes. I thought it was very weird the way they made Jess's shoes, and I love this new idea, and hope they use it more in the future. I also love that the pink embroidery on the shoes are not of the same color pink as the dress, it makes them seem more realistic.

I have only tried it on Mattel dolls so far (Kirsten and Jess), and it seemed a bit loose on the both of them. I'm going to try it on my PM Sam later, and will report on how well it fits if you're interested.

Here's some pics, care of my Mattel Kirsten:

kemb5 kemb1
    (These are pretty much the same, Kirsten just wanted them both up [img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img] )

kembs2 (aren't they cute! And don't they look realistic?)

kemb4
    (see how loose it is? It looks good on the M dolls, but I think it'll look even better on the PM)

khair3
    (the length, compared to Kirsten's arm, lol)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have it, and it's soooo PRETTY! It is nicer in person than in the pictures, but here are pictures of my AGT#4 in it, (pictures #16-18) and a picture of my blonde, brown-eyed Sarabeth in it, too (picture #22).

I have found that the "squashed-ness" sort of falls out of the skirt after a few days of having it on a doll.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2107873169

Hope this helps! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you all so much and the pictures are great .What lucky girls you all have to have such nice mommies to take care of them.Yes I think she was right in picking this dress out . She also wants one for her but I said no to that in less she earns her own money, Does anyone have it for girls.thanks [img]wink.gif[/img] Diane

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I guess I'm the only one who prefers her dolls not to show their cloth torsos. I don't like the bathing suits for the same reason. It's a pretty dress (love the shoes!) but I won't get it because of all the cloth body it shows. I'm going to save this style of dress for my all-vinyl girls. Hey, that makes me think, this might look cute on my Life of Faith dolls or Dear America who have all-vinyl and vinyl breastplates, respectively! Still, I can't picture Elsie Dinsmore in a bikini, though! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Janie3082

I've been wondering about getting this dress for a while, and Cami's pictures have convinced me that Rory needs it. Thanks! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

I personally think theat both outfits for the girl and doll are really cute. I think you should have her do some work and get the two outfits for her. My friend got it and it looks really pretty on her. So don't worry and even if you don't like it when you get it you may always return it.p.s., love you mom. your daughter. [img]graemlins/shhh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/chat.gif[/img]