Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Angry

I realize Ebay is a very popular place to find AG dolls/accessories, but other than Thrift Stores (which seem to be the biggest bargain), where else have you found AG items? I found Felicity's wardrobe on CL last month, along with a whole bunch of other AG stuff but the seller wouldn't ship. Her prices were VERY good! At least she responded to me though. Whereas I responded to a CL listing for AG dolls for sale within an hour of the listing (in my city!!) and the seller won't return my emails. I emailed her 8 TIMES!! She didn't have a picture so I wonder if she even had the dolls or if she was just seeing what kind of a response she could get. She "said" she had "retired" dolls for $75-$100 each. Has anybody else had the same experience with CL? THANKS

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have seen dolls and other AG items on Craigs List pretty often. I usually check the Madison, Milwaukee and Chicago lists. Unfortunately, the listed items haven't been things I needed or wanted, but there were some good deals to be had.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Frequently the dolls do go fast. I went to a yard sale that was quite a ways away based on the desription on CL and they had no way of contacting for early sales - got there and they had decided NOT to sell the AG stuff

Bummer

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I think that either they decided not to sell them or they really didn't have them (no pictures?). She said she had 7 AG dolls with the original boxes, but she didn't say which ones she had and she said she would email "a picture" of the doll you want. How can I know which doll I want when I don't even know which dolls she has! Oh well, I waited all afternoon yesterday for a reply from her..just to waste my time. Just like you traveled across town to a Garage sale only to have them change their minds. I drove an hour one time for a Thomas the Tank train table/set for my son. I called the seller just before I left the house and told her I was on my way but that it would take me an hour. When I got there she wouldn't answer the door!! Last month I drove 45 minutes to a person's house for a Breyer stable for my daughter (from CL). I called the seller before I left work to make sure she would be home and she said she would. When I got to her house she was either GONE...OR she wouldn't answer the door or her phone! What is with these people!! [img]mad.gif[/img] [img]mad.gif[/img] I better stop now before I get too worked up!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yikes! Thats terrible! I have went to sales, and they would tell me, oh someone came by last night and bought them early, or oh, my friend wanted them, sorry!
    [img]mad.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There was a posting about Criagslist several weeks ago. DH and I have had quite a bit of luck both selling and buying through Criagslist. I think many times people are blown away from the responses they recieve on items, and have no idea how to work them. Since we live in the DC area, and it is a very populated large tri-state area, and there are quite a number of people selling and requesting AG stuff. The people with pictures usually know what they are doing, and are more efficient from my experience.

That is just terrible that people had you come out and then didn't answer the door etc. I have never had that happen. Since there are no written rules and people can do what ever they want, it seems. I have never had that happen here, but I am sure it has. As a seller, I have had several people not show up. As far as shipping stuff goes though, I wouldn't ship anything. The reason I sell on Craigslist is to avoid shipping, so I can understand why the person didn't want to ship to you.

For what it is worth though, I worked for almost 3 weeks recently for a very nice AG deal. The lady was very cryptic in her listing and there were no pictures. She kept changing the times she was available, etc. When I got there, I looked everything over quickly and handed her the money...this transaction took 3 minutes and she was very surprised. She kept saying all these bad things about people not showing up, asking questions about the stuff, etc. The irony was, she was the worst seller I have ever worked with, she truly didn't have a clue. At least she had nice stuff though!

Craigslist is a very neat tool to use, but I do wish they would have some kind of ground rules. Hang in there, you will find something soon I am sure! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Shelly

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have had no luck with CL, selling or buying. I had a lady express ntereste in some of my old maternity clothes, but after her second e-mail, I never heard from her again. Oh well.
    I have been debating selling osme of my knick knacks since I have no where to display them, but I don't know if it would be worth it to unpack them for a picture, just to have no one buy them.
    I have only been to a TS a couple of times since I moved here last year. The first time in a while was last week when I went with my mom while she was visiting. We got a bookshelf for me for $20, a brand new lazyboy chiar for her office for $10, and 2 stuffed animals for the kids. We don't live really close to town, so it is hard justifying why I need to go acorss otwn to chekc out a TS or yard sale. Oh well, HB, AGPT, and Ebay it is for me.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I answered an ad on CL and the seller said people were offering her more so she was going to sell the items to the highest bidder.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have had a seller on craigslist change their mind on price also. They wanted everyone to bid on it. I understand but it seems kind of unfair.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would assume if she didn't reply she had probably already sold them.I answered one this week within a half an hour and she had a buyer already.
    I have never bought thru Cl but I have sold and have had problems with people not showing or emailing me to say they are interested and never hearing from them again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast