Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So so sorry for the wait! Finals are finally, truly beginning, and it's taking up a lot of my time. Fortunately, I did mangage to write a little between classes the other day, and after a quick edit and look through, I think it's ready to present. ^_^

>*<

The next day, 24 didn?t emerge from her box at all. 26 was even further puzzled by this, but figured that whatever it was 24 was working on, she?d figure it out in no time. She usually did. Until then, 26 would just leave her alone.

It wasn?t as if she didn?t have people to talk with. 23 and 15 kept her company with conversations about funny things 23 had seen like the clothes the people wore when they came in to work, jokes that 23 had heard them say, the smell of something they called chocolate that 23 longed to taste?

In fact, 23 really did all the talking. 15 was silent as well, though her box was open. 26 listened to all of 23?s eager words, but kept a close eye on her friend as well. She was worried about 15. The downcast look on her friend?s face still hadn?t lifted.

When 23 finally ran out of things to say, to 26?s utter amazement, she announced that she needed a nap and closed her box. 26 waited a few moments to let her ears recover, then turned to 15. ?Is something the matter?? she asked. ?I?m worried about you. You look sad.?

15 blinked, as if coming out of a daze. ?I?m all right,? she said softly, giving a tiny smile. It disappeared when 26 gave her a disbelieving look, and she sighed. ?No, I suppose I?m really not,? she said. ?It?s just?hard. When you keep talking about names.?

?Why is it hard?? 26 asked, frowning.

15 looked down at the bottom of her box. ?Because I want a home just like you want your name. And I almost had it. A few months ago, I got Called.?

26?s eyes widened. ?You were?? she asked in astonishment. ?But?but what are you doing up here then??

15 didn?t speak for awhile, and when she did, it was in a voice like a whisper of air. ?I got sent back. The ?customer? ended up canceling the order they?d made. They didn?t want me. So I was put back on the shelf.?

26 just stared at her. What could she really say to something like that? ?I?I didn?t know,? she stammered. ?I?m so sorry!?

15 shook her head, smiling sadly. ?You couldn?t know,? she told her. ?You had no way of knowing. It was long before you came here. I tried to forget about it, pretend it hadn?t happened. But then you came, and started talking about names, and?and I remembered. I remembered all of it.? She sighed. ?It was unavoidable, I think.

?But you did me a favor,? she added after a moment had passed. ?I needed to remember it. I needed to not forget it. Because one day, I?ll get Called again. And this time? I?ll get my home. You and your upbeat personality really helped me realize that.?

?Really?? 26 asked, surprised.

?Really,? 15 confirmed with a smile that looked a little bigger and a lot happier. ?I?m okay with waiting. But YOU need a name! You?re right; 26 just doesn?t work.?

?Still no clue on how to get it, though,? 26 said, sighing. ?24 said she thought she might have an idea, but??

?I didn?t thought anything. I?ve got the answer to your problem right here,? 24 said, popping the front of her box down. ?I know how to get you Called.?

?Really?? 26 said, blinking. This day was just one surprise after the next.

?About time,? 23 grumbled, opening her box and giving 24 a look.

24 rolled her eyes. ?Oh, hush you. This plan is fool-proof, I guarantee it.?

?And how do you know that?? 23 asked with raised eyebrows.

?Because I came up with it,? 24 said simply. ?We need all four of us to do this. It might require less in the future; it might only need just one of us. But for the time being, let?s do this the safe way and have all four of us.?

?Safe way?? 26 asked, suddenly not liking the idea.

24 grinned. ?Don?t worry about it. This time tomorrow, if things go right, I?ll have you in the next room and on your way to your new name.?

>*<

*Kas

I*love*dolls

YAY! AWESOME! SPECTALCULAR!

How do you always write these when I have a less than perfect day? LOL!!! THANK YOU!!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bravo!!! Awesome!! Love it!!

Janie3082

Wonderful, I can't wait to see what the plan is! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Poor #15! It will really make me think twice next time I return a doll etc.

I can't wait to learn what the plan is! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I hope you are printing out these stories and keeping them somewhere safe. I could just imagine finding the whole thing in a binder or composition book some years later.
    Wonderful stories! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

megaagfan1

<font size="900">BRAVO!!!!!!</font> I LOVE it!! Still!!!! You definatly have me as one of your dedicated readers!!!!!!!! I can't wait for part 6!!! YAY!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow! Good luck on finals (I know, those are killer!), I can't wait to read the next part! I'm loving this story!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh just quit school and write...lol..........another cliffhanger....I cant wait poor 15 and 26....how long? what is the plan? will they get picked? will they be set free? and what about all the other poor dolls lined up on the shelves....what about them..will they ever find a home....and you had better believe I will never cancel and order ever again

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Very cool, stop the cliffhangers though! I had a feeling something like that had happened to 15...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast