Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What is a Downy dunk and what does it do? could someone please tell me, does it make the dolls hair softer or what. Thanks in advance

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 06, 2006 06:52 PM: Message edited by: QueenNellieElizabeth ]</font>

horselvr2

Well, a downey dunk is basically, where you use downey, and put your doll's hair in it to make it softer. I just tried it on my Felicity today, I am uploading pics right now so you can see how it goes. You can also see exactley how you do it on Just Magic Maria's site.

Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You can also find out more about it in my "Restoration" photo album (check the albums in my signature), and in Maria's Restoration website, and by searching here on our message board. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Have fun! [img]wink.gif[/img]

Joy

Inactive Member QueenNellieElizabeth's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Another question, Steaming gets the frizzys out, right, well what kind of steamer do you use? I suppose you couldn't use a iron with metel, could you. What if you put it on a really low setting and put cloth over it?

horselvr2

Use a plastic steamer for your dolls hair. And I have a question too, for the steamer, do you use it on your doll's hair when it is wet or dry? [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The answers to these questions can also be found in my "Restoration" album, Maria's website, and through our "Search" on this board.

Hot metal creates frizzies unless you're extremely careful and use some precautions that some on our board have tried successfully. So it's usually best for beginners to use all-plastic steamers (and it's my personal preference). There is a link to one source for an all-plastic steamer in my album, but others have also found other brands for similarly reasonable prices elsewhere.

I recommend doing the steaming when the hair is done drying after the wash and Downey dunk.

Joy

Janie3082

I have a downey dunk album, but I didn't show pictures of me doing the straightening. I used a regular ceramic plate straightener that's for human hair. I just put it on the very lowest setting and didn't let it stay on the doll hair very long. That's what worked for me, but I didn't have access to a plastic steamer.