Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sending doll to hospital to change eye color?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love the brushed brows too. You might be able to add brushed brows to the new head, but I understand about liking her exactly as she is, only with blue eyes.
    My Daddy once replaced the sleep eyes in my beloved Piccolo doll. He did it from the inside, and used JB WELD putty on the backs of the eyes to hold them in place.Maybe you can find someone to swap out the eyes for you.

GreyMyst

Originally posted by American_Mommy:
    I love the brushed brows too. You might be able to add brushed brows to the new head, but I understand about liking her exactly as she is, only with blue eyes.
    My Daddy once replaced the sleep eyes in my beloved Piccolo doll. He did it from the inside, and used JB WELD putty on the backs of the eyes to hold them in place.Maybe you can find someone to swap out the eyes for you.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I've done that before too. It's pretty hard though and I really DON'T reccomend trying it on a new doll. They are stiffer than the old ones and the eyes don't really come out easily at all. There's also a pretty big risk of ripping the eye socket or cracking the eye.

You can also heat the eye sockets with a blow dryer on HOT and pop the eyes out the front of the sockets while it's warm. [img]graemlins/shhh.gif[/img] This also carries a pretty big risk of ripping the head as well.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh Yikes!!!! American_Mommy you got me on that one!!!
    #22 with green eyes is a beauty!!!
    And now that I have re-done two green eyed girls... I am getting addicted!!!!
    Wait till my bank account gets stronger!!!

Ana

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by American_Mommy:
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think kitchywoman replaced AG eyes before. Maybe she could help.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How did you do that? I love 22 with brown eyes!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I also bought 2 dolls for the purpose of a wig swap. Both were ebay fixer-uppers and I did ruin one of the wigs during the removal process. Luckily it wasn't the one I wanted. I've since removed 4 other wigs successfully. It's really alot of fun and very addicting!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Oh no! You have me worried now...

I like to think I will be able to swap the wigs with no trouble. I read about using a spoon, and that seems like a good idea. Wish me luck!
    If I see that I am going to have any problems, I will stop and leave both of my beauties as they are.

To change the eye colors on the photos, just choose two close up photos, use a program that supports layers, layer one photo over the other. Make the top photo transparent enough that you can see the bottom photo well enough to line up the eyes. Use a round eraser tool to erase the eyes on the top layer, allowing the eyes on the back layer to show through.

Sometimes, if the dolls are at different angles, you will need to save the image with the layers merged after you do the first eye, then go ahead and do the second eye the same way.

If I can find some good freeware that supports layers, I will post better instructions. It is a lot of fun to play with.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 22, 2006 06:27 PM: Message edited by: American_Mommy ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Henna~

686ff263

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12