Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What a great way to meet new friends! Isn't it funny how young and old alike can make new friends so easily when we share our love of our dollies with each other? [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That is so cute, it almost seems like something out of an AG book!

joelanddeborah

Thanks for telling this story. It makes me think I need to get out there and be super welcoming! We have a family moving in up the lane from us, and I need to find out if they have children and their ages! Your story makes me hope for some girls! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What a sweet and caring little girl, sounds like your daughter has found a nice new friend!

Laurie

ps...and now you get to rest easier as well!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm so happy for your DD! That was such a sweet and thoughtful thing for her new friend to do. I'm sure they'll share many happy hours together throughout the year.

[img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/present.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/present.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/present.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That was a great story. Thanks for sharing. I am so glad your DD has already made a new friend. It is tough going to a new school. I always had gone to the same school my entire elementary, middle school, and high school years so I cannot relate. My son switched schools after Kdg and was so worried about making new friends. Luckily, he did and several years later, he still has those first friends he made on his first day at his new school.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Deborah and Girls:
    Thanks for telling this story. It makes me think I need to get out there and be super welcoming! We have a family moving in up the lane from us, and I need to find out if they have children and their ages! Your story makes me hope for some girls! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I hope to pay this kindness forward with other new families. We are in an area with a lot of new construction so I am sure to get the opportunity. It really meant a lot to us and DD went eagerly to school today. [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We moved to our new house only 2 days before the start of school. My DD is 11 and my DS is 16. Oldest DS is away at college. Anyway, I was feeling very nervous for DD because she didn't know a soul in her new school. DS already has friends at his new school from music camps.

The night before school started, there was a loaf of lemon bread and a little gift bag for my DD on our porch. Enclosed was a small bad of M&Ms and the AG card game. There was a note from a girl my DD's age saying that she would save a seat for her at lunch and inviting DD to come over and play dolls anytime. The girl added "I am really looking forward to meeting you and I know we are going to be really good friends!" It was just the sweetest little note.

My DD was so happy to get this note. The girl knew that my DD liked AG and that we would be moving in soon because I met her Mom many months ago while visiting the house under construction. This act of kindness really helped DD (and me, too) feel less anxious about school. I am going to remember this kindness when other new kids come to school.

Sure enough, our new neighbor girl found my DD at lunch and sat with her. They had never seen each other before, so I don't really know how they found each other. There are about 25 6th grade girls. They only had a half day, so DD went over to her new friend's house bringing along Marisol. They had fun swimming and playing dolls until dinner time.

Just another way that American Girl Dolls bring American girls together. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Polly Marie

Thanks for sharing this act of kindness. A good idea! [img]graemlins/idea.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's really wonderful! I'm so happy for your DD, and that was such a sweet gesture from the other family too. So nice that things are going well for your girl!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast