Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back From My Second Trip To AGPLA!!! Heee-Hawww!!!

prasnlrd
    My Girl Scout Co-leader did not want to go the her first AGPLA visit alone, so I went with her. Her "tweenager" DD was giving her a hard time about going; but ended up going as my DD went too!!

I had a wonderful time again! We were back before 1pm. My GSA Co-leader,our DD's, and I left at 7am, stopped had a quick breakfast and ariived at AGPLA at about 8:00. She drove and traffic was a dream! Heee-Haww!! There were alot people there and they had a line organized and cordoned behind those stands/ropes that movie theaters use when they have crowds. It still was very organized and orderly and the line stretched from the door incorporating the whole length of the store; which is a block.

It was really neat as they had ABC news there and AGPLA had a red carpet rolled out from the store to the shoppers outside. All the employees formed a two-sided welcome line for shoppers coming into the store and cheered for us as we entered the store.

I took Veronica's meet outfit to exchange and get DD an AGPLA souvenir hoodie or another dollie outfit. They were so new and did not know how to do the exchange, so I just bought what I had and will mail the exchange in to get my credit. DD could not fit anthing so I got Mollys Skating outfit W/loafers and Josefina's beige shoes w/fringe and socks. My GSA Co-leader collects the Historical and got Kits new outfit, Gracie the dog, AGT Butterfly Brocade, The Agt# Paisley Dress Special, Kirsten's Accessories, AGPLA Souvenir Pink tank top, Accessory set, and the doll brush.

We had a nice time. Although there were a lot of people and it was Molly's birthday the flow was excellent again. I realized that the store is so large and well laid out that crowding is not a problem. There were a lot of peole going to the Cafe and the doll salon had a real long line. We met up with JeanetteM and Jack as we were leaving and talked for a few minutes.

You will never guess what???!!I was floored when the manager who helped with my exchange Thursday greeted me with a "Hi Sheila" while I was there . I was so shocked and thinking oh my stars, they know me already. ODG! I asked him, do you remember me?? And he was like..."Oh yea, I remember the boots and the glasses" Am I that much of a Goner or what!..People remember me out of hundreds of others??? SHEESH!

I just tt to JeanetteM and she said that employees also saw her and said, "oh you're back"....That made me feel beter . They probably can remember adult collectors. Overall it is avery friendly place! Heee-Haww!...I just hope I can stay away from there and do not become a permanent fixture there. [img]eek.gif[/img] I am really going to have to work on that, I felt entirely too comfortable and at home there today. [img]confused.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] AGPLA LOVER FOREVER!!! Heee-Hawww!!! [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

They know you already. I am not surprised. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So funny!!!
    They know you already!!!
    Next visit they will be popping open those shopping bags a be all ready for you at the check out!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

you are sooo lucky lucky lucky....and you must have left a lasting impression....lol

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

LOL at you being "recognized". Glad you got to go again; sounds like you had fun...again!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I heard that next year they are going to build the "Sheila Wing" at AGPLA. [img]wink.gif[/img]

prasnlrd
    Originally posted by MegadethLady:
    I heard that next year they are going to build the "Sheila Wing" at AGPLA. [img]wink.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]rolleyes.gif[/img] Oooooooo...that is "cold blooded"...ROTFL!!...LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!!...
    [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img] ...they may need to though. [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img] I loveeeeeee that place!!

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] Scary, huh? [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So, please tell us, Expert Sheila, what would be in an AG wing designed especially for you? [img]biggrin.gif[/img] I'm dying to know your input!

Julia

prasnlrd

Originally posted by JuliaAM:
    So, please tell us, Expert Sheila, what would be in an AG wing designed especially for you? [img]biggrin.gif[/img] I'm dying to know your input!

Julia
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">EXPERT!???...Uh...no, I am not that...just a total AG "loon"! HA!

I would not need a wing either, just a driver at ny beck and call for when ever I wanted to "raid" AGPLA and a small room with a bed if I chose to stay overnight. The room would have to have AG wallpaper and pictures, a people sized Samantha bed, all the AGT and Historical dolls displayed in the romm...and I would be happy! How's that! HA!

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] AG [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[

I would not need a wing either, just a driver at ny beck and call for when ever I wanted to "raid" AGPLA and a small room with a bed if I chose to stay overnight. The room would have to have AG wallpaper and pictures, a people sized Samantha bed, all the AGT and Historical dolls displayed in the romm...and I would be happy! How's that! HA!

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] AG [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [/QB][/QUOTE]

LOL!!!!! That sounds perfect for you!!!!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 22, 2006 11:11 PM: Message edited by: cassieandnicolesmom ]</font>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast