Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: JeannetteM Interviewed By ABC Televsion today at AGPLA!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I found this article about AGPLA, not sure if someone already posted this or not, but here's the link.

The American Girl Place: A Review: A Mother's Review

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I read that article a couple of days ago(the about.com one). Is it me, or did it have a negative overtone? She kept saying you will love this store only if you are into American Girl. I worked in retail for 10 years, and I think the AGP stores are very well done from a display, customer service, and shop-ability stand point. IMHO!
    ~Annie

megaagfan1

Oh! OK!
    I trid looking on some news station web sites, but to no avail... [img]frown.gif[/img]

AmericanGirlLover2982

Very cool this is so awsome!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That about.com article is a horrible review. Not just because there seems to be a sour note on her part, but she did a terrible job in describing the magic and wonder of American Girl.

Maybe it is just me, but I love descriptive words... her review was very "blah blah blah..." and did anyone notice her quick comparison to the doll store they own and how AGP was much larger? (Perhaps she feels a tinge of bitterness? *hehe*)

I think anyone who visits the stores would be somewhat mildly impressed. It isn't JUST a store where things are piled and stacked behind each other... there is so much more and even if you were not into AG... I think any person can appreciate the grandness of it all.

Anyhow, her article really peeved me... but different strokes for different folks I guess.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That is a negative review; I'm not sure why she gave the place 4/5 stars. She said the only reason her daughter wanted a $150+ doll and accessories was because other girls had shopped at the store. I understand that the review is her own point of view and not her daughter's, but the only other emotion she attributes to her daughter is her disappointment of the bottom floor being all AGoT. (Also, stylistically, the paragraphs almost seem out of order, but since the reviewer is probably not being paid, or edited, that's not really important.)

In her defense, though, it sounds like she went when it was VERY busy, and she probably couldn't appreciate the displays very much, if at all. I can't say I think too many people would enjoy going into AGP during a busy period if they didn't have someone in their party without at least a tiny interest in the dolls. (Although even people who don't like the dolls very well might enjoy browsing when they're not being pushed and shoved the whole time!)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123