Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Molly Skating Outfit-Blouse Too Tight/ PM vs. Mattel

prasnlrd
    ...You know... I did not used to think there wasn't a difference between PM and Mattel. They are all beautiful dollies and clothes, right?

<font size="6">WRONG!</font> and I stand corrected. I bought Molly's Skating outfit yesterday and the blouse is so small; it would probably fit HSH! I could not even get the thing over my dollies arms to the closing point! I tried pushng it on and that did not even work! WHAT IS THAT!

Most of my morsels are PM, but this is the first time I have ever run into a "too small to fit" issue. Mattel is slenderizng these dolls and clothes too much!!

That is one thing I did notice abut the dollies at AGPLA. The morsels are getting too skinny! Even BB face and neck looked skinner. Good grief AG, this is a baby. Have you ever heard of "baby fat". I find myself getting on the PM bandwagon more and more. I did not pay $26 for an outfit not to fit! [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] We Need PM Standards Back! [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If anyone has any ideas of how to make Mattel clothes fit PM dolls, I'd be thrilled to hear them. Kirsten wants the Midsummer Dress (*I*'m not too keen on it, but Kirsten likes it [img]redface.gif[/img] ) but I'm afraid it wouldn't fit. I know she won't be pleased if I have to make her all her new clothes (even though I still owe her a couple older outfits, and we'd both like to have the overpriced retired ones!).

(Edit because Mattel is hard to spell. [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 23, 2006 07:32 PM: Message edited by: Kenshinchan ]</font>

Ashley1972

You could take out some of the stuffing in her torso. But I'm thinking: Why should we have to do that? AG is making the dolls and clothing smaller to cut costs but what about the older dolls? Are we supposed to pay for new bodies for our girls just so they can wear the anorexic clothes? My Shantelle is a PM Addy and she can barely fit into the AGT clothing because her arms are too chubby. I understand AG making the dolls smaller to cut costs but the clothing should fit the older dolls, too. They will still fit the new dolls if they are just a tad loose. What about the sight seeing outfit? You can't even close it in the back and it hikes up to the doll's behinds. I won't put anything on my dolls that I wouldn't let my DD's wear. End of rant. [img]mad.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just recently sent back Samantha's School Dress and her Tea Dress, because both were way too small. The waists were so tight that it was almost impossible to keep the velcro closed. Also, they hiked the skirt way up and I couldn't close the cuffs on the school dress. Both dresses looked awful on my doll. I also sent back Samantha's Lawn Party dress, though I have no idea how this dress would have looked, because it was too tight to even get it on. My Samantha's hands weren't even close to fitting in the sleeves. Even people with Mattel dolls have had this trouble, so it just comes down to Mattel cutting costs. If they can save a few cents on each outfit by cutting back on the amount of fabric used, then they will make a big profit when it is added up over millions of dresses. The stupid thing is that they are also going to be losing money by getting lots of returns and losing sales from frustrated customers. Wise up Mattel!

Felicity_Fan85

I can't really get my bitty to stand on her own (though i don't know if there is a special trick). I think Mattel should go back to making the dolls, clothing...everything the PM way. the skinnier dolls, in my honest opinion, might just make girls think they need to be skinny to be pretty. The chubbier bodies were a little more realistic. I'm thinking of getting more PM dolls, but there are a few mattel AGTS I still want too... but they should at least make the clothes a little bigger again.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Do they think skimping on the little fabric they save is going to make that much more money for them - It does make me mad.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love that my Kirsten isn't "skinny". I wouldn't unstuff her, and even if I did, apparently her arms are too big for the new clothes too. [img]frown.gif[/img]

Actually, the work dress I have is very PM, and it is snug on the wrists; it has to be arranged just the right way to fit correctly. That's part of why I don't like it.

Are there any clothes currently sold that definitely DO fit the older dolls? Did they redraw the old clothes to use less fabric, or are those still the same patterns as always? I don't want to have to resort to eBay when I buy Kirsten anything new (though it sounds like if she wants anything new I'll have to buy a clone outfit [img]tongue.gif[/img] ).

thepidget

Hey prasnlrd,

I feel your pain. I went to AGPLA yesterday and bought the school outfit for my Molly doll. I tried putting the blouse on her and found that even though it fits her, it's very tight around her neck. Also, even worse, I bought her saddle shoes and had to WRESTLE them onto her socked feet. They were just so tight and I couldn't understand what was wrong.

My Molly is NOT PM--I just bought her last month and she is pretty much brand new. So why are her new clothes not fitting properly? I bet Mattel's just cheaping out on its consumers. It's like they're trying to hoodwink us by making their dolls and doll clothes somewhat smaller to save money, and they're hoping that we don't notice. It's a shame.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have four old PM dolls that are chubbier than my Mattel girls, but in all honesty I've never had a problem with the newer clothes not fitting them. Some of the AGT pants are bit tighter on my PM Asian doll than they are on the Mattels, but they still fit without a big hassle. All of the new historical clothes have fit my PMs without a problem. Maybe it's just luck of the draw.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know what you mean. I had the *hardest* time trying to get the paisley boots on Lindsey and even Mattel Samantha. I even broke the zipper and had to get a replacement boot. Maybe it's just me, but I have to put extra effort to get the boot on.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast