Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I hate to say it, but I think this is one reason my daughter plays so much now with her Just Pretend and Magic Attic dolls - their clothes fit them, and the AG clothes fit them too (loosely, but they fit) - and in the historicals, a little looseness is okay, I think. Our PM Samantha and Felicity aren't getting much play at all any more because they're so hard to dress.

Kate tried wrestling Samantha's new school dress onto her and gave up - the arms just are too big on the PM dolls, I guess. It's frustrating for her (and me too, since she's coming to Mommy to dress dolls she can't get dressed). But, Siobhan(the JP doll in my signature) looked really cute in that same dress! [img]wink.gif[/img]

I definitely think they are making them smaller (dolls and clothes). I guess it's good to know that the new dolls are having fit issues too (I was going to use this as our excuse to get a new Mattel doll but now I'm wondering).

Kim

prasnlrd

Unhappy

This revelation really irks me. I tried the blouse on Jess and it fits perfectly! It was a tiny bit tight getting on but still a good fit. So, should I keep it?

I really would like my girls clothes to be able to fit them all as they share clothes. I am in love with the cute brown loafers too. [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] Quality is the Key AG!!! [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

Inactive Member DiannaChristine's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My Molly was a gift for me six years ago. I received the new skating outfit as part of my Easter basket, and it fits her just fine. Honestly, I think it is natural variations.

My Jess definitely appears slimmer than my Molly and Josefina dolls. However, I do not have enough dolls to properly compare older dolls and newer dolls. Molly, Josefina, and Jess are my only dolls.

I do agree that all AG outfits should fit all AG dolls. It seems that they need to work on the accuracy of their fabric measurements and clothing patterns.

Prasnlrd, I hope that you are able to resolve the problem with Molly's skating outfit. I would be very frustrated too, especially since I am a die hard Molly fan. Yet after reading many of your posts on this board, I can only imagine that as frustrating as this is, you must be secretly happy to have another excuse to visit AGPLA. [img]smile.gif[/img] Good luck with everything and let us know how it turns out.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have a PM Kirsten and so far all the clothing I have gotten have fit her fine.

A lot of the clothes I have are newer, but I have 2 outfits that are PM (Samantha's School Dress and Kirsten's Meet Dress)

Maybe it is just variations, but like everyone else has said...considering the price we pay for these products, consistency and quality should be their first priority (NOT saving pennies!)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This isn't much of a problem for me. I agree with Katie, mayergirl, and Dianna Christine. I've read people here complain about outfits that I had no problem getting on my fatter PM girls. Many people have complained about this outfit, and if I wanted it, I'd wait a few months, just like with the Lissie and Elizabeth outfits last year. I think even the pictures in the catalogue make it apparent that this Molly outfit is far too small.

About other AG outfits, my PM (95) Samantha is one of (if not the) skinniest of all of my dolls (3 PM and 6 M). I have gotten a few things that were a tad hard to close on Josefina (my chubbiest girl), but nothing impossible to close.

In all honestly, I'm glad the clothes aren't bigger, unless they start making the dolls bigger to match. I have quite a few outfits (like the new embroidered party dress) that look a tad too big on my M dolls. I would hate for AG to start creating clothes in the PM "size", as they would be very loose on the M dolls. However, if they want to start making the dolls a bit thicker, as well, I'd be just fine with that. Just, please don't change the clothes without changing the current market dolls, as well. Not everyone who buys clothes from AG has PM dolls [img]frown.gif[/img] .

I like the look of the newer dolls better, I think. My 97 Josefina has a rather large rump, and my 96 AGT has the shoulders of a football player. The new dolls, or at least all the ones I've received, are properly proportioned, and to me, more realistic looking.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I can't get the Mattel version of Kirsten's work dress on my PM Kirsten. The sleeves just won't go up her arms. Even Elizabeth's tea dress is tight on Elizabeth and she is new.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I also think this is just a quality control issue. They obviously don't even try the prototype clothes on the dolls to work out any problems, etc!!It just isn't Pleasant Co. anymore.(*sigh*)
    I personally think the PM dolls look more like little girls. They are chubbier and cuter. The new ones have longer necks too.
    ~Annie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think it is just because my Felicity is a little chubby, but she is a PM girl and most of the clothes I have for her are PM, but her skirts such as her riding habbit, Christmas gown, and red school skirt, have always been very tight on her. Even with or without the stays.
    She likes her goodies. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just put Molly's skating outfit on her this morning for the first time--wanted to be sure it would fit (Molly is a couple years old, not PM). Anyway, it does fit, but one sleeve is a very very tight squeeze--the other one, just right! I couldn't figure out exactly how to put the ribbon in her hair--it doesn't seem long enough to make a bow or do much of anything! It is a cute set though--the loafers are too cute!

Karla

MapleLeaf

Prasnld, I am sorry to hear that Molly's skating outfit doesn't fit properly. It's going to be on my next order along with a few other items for Molly. My Molly is a PM and I haven't had any problems with other outfits not fitting her.

Glad to hear that some of you have the same outfit and they do fit the dolls. I love the little loafers too! [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Nia [img]smile.gif[/img]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast