Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Addy's striped dress is one of all time favorite dresses and even though I have an Addy doll, it is my AGT 21 who wears it the most. It looks SO good on her, but that may be due to the color of her hair and her eyes. Not really sure, but I do love the dress. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks, you two. One more question for anyone--does the dress form disassemble for storage/shipping, or is it stuck together as one piece? Thanks!

joelanddeborah

There must be a way to disassemble the dress form, but I haven't figured it out! [img]smile.gif[/img] So, count on not being able to take it apart. But, I agree with Bugs--they are the BEST! We love them, and ordered more yesterday!

Deborah

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm too cheap to spend everything I have on AG stuff, but I'm going to place an order before the end of the month (hence the Empty Out My Wallet [img]biggrin.gif[/img] ). I'll probably place the order tomorrow. So here's the stuff I'm thinking of; any input?

Kit's Photography Set - $16 - I'd like it for myself, but can't justify it since I only have Kirsten. But it's a must-have for my mother and I'll definitely order it.

Addy's Striped Dress - $12 - it doesn't look like a "must have" for me, but the period is almost right for Kirsten and it might be cute on her. I'm not sure how I could go wrong with the price, though, especially given the retirement potential.

Kirsten's Promise - $1.50 - I already read the book but it has drawings of that gorgeous plaid dress that will never be mine! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Kit's Friendship Fun - $3 - not sure about this one, but it's soooo cheap! Does it have any redeeming qualities for readers over the target age?

Doll Dress Form? - $8 - REALLY not sure about this one, and probably won't buy it, but it did catch my eye. I've read in reviews that it's pretty much just for display? I really don't need a place to put dresses and let them take up space and gather dust, but again, so cheap. Is it of any use at all for dressmaking, or pretty much solely a display?

Hopefully nothing will sell out before I place my order tomorrow, but if so, I guess it just wasn't meant to be. [img]smile.gif[/img] Any advice on things I need to add/remove? I'm really not interested in AGOT and only have one doll, Kirsten, so if she can't wear it (or if I can't read it) I don't really need to have it. Any thoughts at all are appreciated though!

EDIT: Oh, don't tell Kirsten, but I probably need to buy her Sari for her birthday (June 8th, right?). Think now's the time (save on shipping) or should I wait?

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 25, 2006 12:41 AM: Message edited by: Kenshinchan ]</font>

AG Crazy in Wyoming

IMO the doll dress form is a must. We have several we use for display and they look soooo nice. They are excellent for creating dresses on as well. DH gives me a lot less greif about "playing" dollies when he thinks I'm actually sewing! Of course when I'm sewing, it's so I have more to play dollies with [img]smile.gif[/img] ~Bugs

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So I bought everything mentioned above except Sari...I'll probably buy her next month, or if not, the dress is poor Kirsten's birthday present. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I totally love Addy's Striped Dress on Kirsten! It looks great, especially if you put her hair down so it's two braids instead of the loops, so the headband can go in her hair. I'd send a picture, but Kirsten's 3,000 miles away in California.