Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So, yesterday I caved in (SUCH a goner!) and ordered Addy's striped dress--I always meant to get it eventually, (before it retired, of course) but the sale price was too good to pass up. Also, I didn't want it to sell out and retire before I could get it.
    Someone said that it looks much nicer in person than in the pictures, and after seeing the "in-person difference" of Josefina's Weaving Outfit, I believe it. I'm looking forward to trying it on all my dolls, even though I don't have an Addy.

SO--to make it "worth the shipping" I added two Gymnastic leotards to my order--hard to decide, since AG makes the shipping price divisions so awkward. If I'd gotten every thing I'd first thought of, my order would have been $26--sending the shipping over the line to the higher rate by just $1--frustrating!
    [img]graemlins/whatever.gif[/img] (That just encourages one to increase the order up to $75 for the "free" shipping--sneaky AG!)

Editing here to say: SHIPPING IS NOT FREE--just not EXTRA between $25.01 and $75.00---thus encouraging one to order $74 worth versus $26 worth, since the shipping would be the SAME amount (7.95), NOT FREE. AND, shipping for over $75 up to $100 is still $10.95, NOT FREE. Sorry for any misunderstanding if this post did not make this clear the first time. (Edited 4:10 PM EDT)

Did I mention my exchange package came yesterday, too? Imagine receiving an AG package and placing an order on the same day?! [img]eek.gif[/img] I exchanged a duplicate AGT Meet outfit and a couple of smaller items for the Gymnastics outfit(on sale then) and an AG wristwatch (also on sale , but just now reduced another $2--it figures [img]graemlins/whatever.gif[/img] )

So, I ordered the 2 leotards as a thrifty way of outfitting an AG gymnastics "team"--one girl can wear the warm-up suit as "coach", and three can wear leotards as the team members. (Tell me this wasn't a stupid idea!)

NOW, I'm wondering if I shouldn't have just ordered the dress form, too, and tossed in an extra AG hairbrush to justify the extra $3 shipping--but that way madness lies. I know that once I got into that dangerous "up to $75 with no extra shipping" zone, I would be broke in no time!

Sorry for the ramble--the point of this whole post (and I do have one) is validation--please, somebody tell me I did good!

[img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

Still wondering about that dress form, though--but that would be another $5 shipping instead of an extra $3 if I caved and ordered it now--I'm so HOPELESS!

P.S. If anybody wants to know what the term "bad bunny" means, let me know, and I'll explain it in another post--it's kind of OT. [img]smile.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ April 25, 2006 04:11 PM: Message edited by: AsianAG ]</font></font>

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 25, 2006 11:30 PM: Message edited by: AsianAG ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Robin, I think your order is good one. I like the gymnastics team idea!

I have really struggled with ordering without a code. I've never done it. I am just so stunned at these sudden, mid-month markdowns. I went ahead and ordered though. I got:

Bitty's cherry cheetah outfit (which I may use as #26's Christmas outfit)
    Addy's striped dress (for mom)
    Bell flower pjs
    dress form
    Coconut Cupid (for Ashley)
    Coconut Beachside (one for Ashley, one for Caitlin)
    Bitty sleeper
    ** total exactly $75 to max shipping

Then, I ordered Addy's short stories, two at at time, on separate orders. That saved me $1.10 in shipping. I am such a cheapskate.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 25, 2006 10:13 AM: Message edited by: jrtmom3274 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oooooo, good idea about the short stories! I'm cheap, too--it was hard to order without a code, but I figured I saved enough on the striped dress to justify it.

Maybe that's the reason for the mid-month markdowns--no one is ordering because of no CODES! [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am embarrassed to say, my order last night was $99.96. And I only had to add two .50 hangars to get there. 15 items, books mostly and the fan club outfit, love the shoes, and an outfit for Bitty and the Bell Sleeve PJ's.
    I am hopeless. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

LOL
    I have also been thinking about making a gymnastic team ever since this outfit came out, but I never wanted to spend the money. My dolls are so good at tumbling and leaping (especially when my son gets a hold of them. lol)

Last night, I placed my order for my birthday (my husband is buying me Jess. [img]smile.gif[/img] ) When I saw the leotards on sale, I figured it was time to outfit the team. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's ok AsianAG... you did GOOD!

I had placed a regular order, then placed another order for replacements and the whole Kit's Waffle Iron and Addy's dress possibly retiring freaked me out so I had to order those too...

I spent... over $220 this week on AG... [img]eek.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bumping up so everyone can see the edit for clarification! [img]smile.gif[/img]

prasnlrd

Originally posted by Boop0415:
    I am embarrassed to say, my order last night was $99.96. And I only had to add two .50 hangars to get there. 15 items, books mostly and the fan club outfit, love the shoes, and an outfit for Bitty and the Bell Sleeve PJ's.
    I am hopeless. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"><font size="6">BETTY!!!</font>..he-he-he...GOOD JOB!!! You go girl!!!!

<font color="red">....mwahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa....</font>

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] AG Goner's Unite and EOYBA!!!! [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

LOL. I ordered one set of books, and the leotard, because I couldn't beat the price [img]smile.gif[/img] I have the medal from the ice skating outfit though.

I'm TRYING to be really good, because there is a bunch of stuff I want and I am selling MLP's and other things to fund it [img]smile.gif[/img]

-Jordyn

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You're not a "Bad Bunny". Addy's Striped Dress is really cute, and if you can get it while its still on Sale you are definitely getting it for a better price than eBay can provide. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 25, 2006 07:36 PM: Message edited by: AGfanatic ]</font>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast