Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the help. i was tempted but actually the name itself turned me off so i didn't look too closely at them. I just noticed the price and that they were 18". I just checked out the web site and i'm so glad i didn't get one.I really don't like the praying hands. I bought a Magic Attic doll, Keisha, instead. I'm not over joyed with her either since i don't like her hair much but she was a better choice for me then the LOF doll. I know what i really want is another AG so i just bought the GOT with light skin, brown hair and green eyes.

Janie3082

I work at Family Christian and I've gotten to see the dolls personally. They really are beautifully made! My mom took a liking to Violet and bought her for herself. She is such a pretty doll! Her eyes are so pretty, but I agree that it seems a little weird that they don't close.

Yeah, they are $100, but we have coupons out every month and they are pretty good, especially if you are using them on higher priced items.

We also have some of the outfits and they are really pretty too, but more (much more!) expensive than AG items. But again, with a coupon it wouldn't be so bad. If anyone wants to see the dolls up close, find a Family store and go take a look! It seems like most or all of the stores are carrying them now.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the links and the info. My mother had mentioned something about them (just that she had heard there was a Christain based dolls out there that were supost to be very nice.) Now I have more info on them. We have a bookstore near us, maybe I will stop in and look someday.

I don't need to start on any new dolls, but my mother might be interested in gifts. (she doesn't give much, but this apealed to her.)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have seen pictures of them but never seen them in person...I think I would like Violet...but where do you get coupons..

Janie3082

Mary, if you have a store near you, we have a program called "Family Perks" that is totally free to sign up for. If there's not a convenient location for you, go here and you can see the email sign up on the first page. They DON'T send you spam, just coupons and/or sale updates. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here's a page I made about the dolls:
    http://www.angelfire.com/mi/FAST/lifeoffaith.html

To be honest, the crook in the arms looks natural to me (they're only praying when put in one specific position). My elbows are normally bent with almost every activity I do, and with my poseable My Twinns, I always have their arms bent. So the bent elbow really looks more normal if you're comparing a doll to a person.

I won't say much more since the page above is already loaded with too many opinions from me--if interested, just click on it! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 26, 2006 02:34 PM: Message edited by: Melissa ]</font>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12