Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you are thinking about Netflix, you might want to ask them if they have a distribution center near your town. When I first joined, my movies were coming from and going to Netflix in MD, so it took about 3 days for my movies to travel -- but since they opened one in NC, my movies only take 1 day to travel. My sister has a Netflix center right in her town, so she gets stuff almost immediately.

Blockbuster's service sounds pretty lame, but Netflix is pretty awesome, I have to say. And their website is so easy to use -- my 10 year old very easily manages our movie queue.

Janie3082

DH and I have been using Netflix for almost 3 years and we love it! We use the 5 movies at a time plan, and it's $32.76 per month.

Around us, it's about $4.50 with tax to rent one DVD. We tend to watch a lot of movies, so this is a great deal for us.

We usually have about a 1 to 2 day turnaround for sending back/receiving a movie. I love not having to go to Hollywood Video or wherever and walk around forever looking for a movie to rent.

Ocassionally we have recieved a disc that was scratched; but out of the many, many movies we've gotten from Netflix, it has only happened a handful of times. I highly recommend giving them a try. At least you know you can cancel it with no problem if you decide you don't like it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I had Netflix a few years ago when I was taking a Film class and needed more obscure, older movies. I loved it! I ended up getting too busy and really couldn't afford the $22 at the time, so I stopped it. A few months ago I tried Blockbuster's online rentals, and I wasn't nearly as happy with it. I was disappointed that a movie I wanted never shipped in the two months I stayed with them, so I cancelled. Recently I've been wanting to rent some movies, but when I realized how expensive that is now ($4!) I decided Netflix is a good deal. I have the one at a time, $9.99 plan that I just started. I figured I can get about 4 movies a month, so I'm saving $6 monthly with Netflix. I live in the middle of nowhere (ugh!) so it takes a couple days for the movies to travel. That means I get about one movie a week (if I watch it and get it shipped out the day after it arrived). Since I'm supposed to be doing my homework [img]wink.gif[/img] and this is just for me, it works out pretty well.

However, my mom got Netflix for herself, and tried to cancel it but her account wouldn't cancel. She called them a few times and it still wouldn't cancel. I think it was a problem with her credit card, though. The company was taking the charge off her bill because she had canceled her account (wrongful charge), but not charging the bill back to Netflix. So Netflix was getting their money and not doing anything. She got so sick of calling the credit company, she canceled the card her Netflix was on, and finally she got an e-mail from Netflix asking for updating billing info! [img]eek.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I absolutely hate renting movies!!!!!! I buy all my dvds,it can get expensive, but I try to buy them cheap $13-$15 when they first come out or used for around $8 a piece if it's a movie I can wait on.
    I heard on the national news if you rent alot of movies from netflix, they do get them to you slower, they do have a lawsuit against them for this.They like people who just get a few a month.The less you rent the quicker they are.
    I just like buying and the kids enjoy watching alot of the movies over and over again. I also figure buying a movie is cheaper than going to one.

rolloverrover

Well, last night I took the plunge and signed up for Netflix, so we're going to give it a whirl. There's a Netflix movie distribution site very close to us (according to a map on their web site) so we're anxious to see how quickly the movies get here.

We get a free trial for the first two weeks. I signed us up for the three-movie at a time deal.

Thanks again for all the feedback - you guys are great!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think you'll enjoy Netflix. It's fun coming up with your queue -- we have over 100 titles on ours! It's also a good way to see TV shows that are out on DVD -- my daughter has all the discs of Spongebob and Little House on the Prairie on our list.

My Netflix center is in Raleigh, NC, and I live about an hour and a half from there. I put 2 movies in the mail this morning (Wed) and will most likely have 2 new ones waiting in my mailbox on Fri. By the way, they also e-mail you as soon as they receive your movie and when they send a new one out, so you are never left wondering what's going on.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We use netflix, and it is great. The turn around is really fast. It makes renting a movie very easy. I would say go for it.

[img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

P.S. You can travel with the movies and mail them back from where ever you go. Also you can change the address they mail the movies to if you go on vacation and want to rent movies.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We just have the 2 at a time, but limit of 4 a month plan (I think it is around $12). That actually works pretty well for us because we just don't get to things that fast. We normally do 2 movies for us (DH and I) and 2 for the girls each month (the girls like to keep theirs longer.)

I like the seletction. You can also get things like brithish sit coms (super funny.) and a very large section of kids movies (much better then most block buster.) With the kids ones it also helps to know if it is worth buying or not. My DD had the New Hollie Hobbie movie for a month. I broke down and bought it. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

rolloverrover

Our movies have already arrived!! So far, I'm impressed! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by SugarMagnolia:
    Our movies have already arrived!! So far, I'm impressed! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Cool! Told you they're fast! I put 2 movies in the mail yesterday morning and got e-mails today that they had been received and that the new ones were shipped and should be here tomorrow. One of them was even listed as having a short wait, but it still shipped immediately (that's happened several times).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast