Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First attempt at a Molly dress! PICS now!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That is *really* cute--the design AND fabric. Great job! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

13Pumpkins

I want to clarify something. [img]smile.gif[/img] The ric rac on this dress DID NOT go overboard. The amount of ric rac was COPIED from a book of SEARS dresses for sale in the forties. Actual dresses that were sold by Sears. Ric Rac was popular then. While it is impossible to have completly historically accurate fabric, even from AG, it is possible to have fabric that caprtures the essance of the era, which is all that is possible.

I appreciate everyone's positive comments on Miss Felicty's Closet's dresses. I love to see my friends/family successes.
    Constructive comments are appreciated. But posting comments that have no knowledgable foundation just to critize I will delete off of the album of my account- which Miss Felcity's Closet is using (the bum, [img]tongue.gif[/img] ). I want the comments that remain on my account to be positive. This board has so many wonderful people that have so many good helpful things to say, I see no need for rudeness. If it cannot be posted on this board, it shouldn't be posted on an album.

If this post is inappropriate, Mods, please PM and I will edit it.

mori

Thanks guys! Taffy, you certainly know alot about that style of clothes!
    I'm going to be working on another style of Molly dress this week. I'm having fun with it. Molly is still wearing the dress. I'll probably just let her have it. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What a pretty dress!!!! You are amazing!!!
    Great job!!! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

thepidget

Hi Miss Felicity--

I just read over Paranoid Pumpkin's comment, and truth be told, I am not a big fan of ric-rac even though I know it was common in 40s children's fashion. (I hope that was not offensive as this is not meant to hurt anyone's feelings.) [img]frown.gif[/img] However, the fabric of the dress is very pretty and you did a GREAT job of putting it all together! You are so talented. [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12