Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I ordered Kit's waffle iron, Molly's Miss victory outfit, Molly's party games, and Addy's striped dress. It looks like it was just in time, too! The way they retire things with no notice stinks. It doesn't seem like you even have a day to lose or these things are snatched up!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

When I first learned that Mattel was taking over, I suspected that they would make a shift to all plastics. So I bought Addy's cast iron skillet set, her wood mancala set, Josefina's wood farm set, Felicity's Shrewsbury Cakes set and a couple others that seemed doomed, such as Kit's waffle iron. I'm really glad that Felicity's guitar came back. But I knew it was just a matter of time till Kit's heavy, expensive waffle iron disappeared. As soon as I can swing it, I'm getting Addy's dish set because it has a copper item. I wonder just how much Mattel doesn't like dealing with metals and glass.

Julia

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You guys have thrown me into a panic!

I emailed CS yesterday and all they said to me was I could order over the phone using QCAC.

I was going to stay away from making purchases since we are closing on a Condo in next month, but I couldn't let this set get away. I was strong and resisted buying the photography set (though I should have since it is on sale).

Luckily I have everything of Molly's either in my possession or in my mom's closet waiting for an occasion to give to me, except of course her new Skating outfit.

I can not deal with the retirements! It's too stressful.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Grrr; that makes me want to buy it solely as an investment, and then I'd be one of those mean people selling INSANELY overpriced AG items on eBay, and taking it away from someone who may have actually wanted it to play with. AGH!

(I know it's an amazing item, but I really can't justify buying it! Unless I was one of the aforementioned mean people. [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I broke the 100 day No-AG thing, but I just HAD TO see if my PS could get me a Waffle Iron Set or the Miss Victory Costume. If anyone has a PS in Chicago, they may have some Miss Victory Costumes left, so call ASAP!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just wanted to update that it seems they have some Waffle Iron sets left in Chicago, I was able to order one through my PS. I'm not sure how many they have left in Chicago, but it is probably more than they currently have if you order using the phone number. If you really want this set, it looks like using a PS is your best bet. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just ordered via phone & had no problem getting the waffle iron set. I didn't ask about inventory levels, but two other item's I ordered (Robin Hood & Wizard of Oz book replacements) were "low inventory"...she told me as she entered each item. Hope everyone who wants one can get it. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Bren [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

And we wonder why there is not a code. AG knew what they were doing. No codes while they are dropping items and have so many on sale. They know the orders will come flying in anyway.

[img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

grr, I know, but can't resist. [img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img] [img]mad.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I received my waffle iron set yesterday, and it is now my official favorite accessory EVER! It's unbelievably well made -- the quality and attention to detail are A++++++. Thanks to whoever started the Great Waffle Iron Panic! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 29, 2006 08:35 AM: Message edited by: Melissa*Olivia ]</font>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast