Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Will someone please post pictures of this set? You're all making me want it, but I just want to make sure. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here's a small stock photo from Curt's site. http://curtdanhauser.com/AG_Collecti...ronSet_Big.jpg

We haven't gotten ours yet. I'm sure someone will be able to post larger pics for you.

Bren [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

ETA: If you aren't familiar w/ Kit's stories, it is a family tradition to eat waffles by the Christmas tree on Christmas eve. That explains the "greenery" in the set. [img]wink.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 29, 2006 11:07 AM: Message edited by: trvnbrn ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I hope I can get one this week before they sell out [img]eek.gif[/img] !!!!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Melissa*Olivia:
    I received my waffle iron set yesterday, and it is now my official favorite accessory EVER! It's unbelievably well made -- the quality and attention to detail are A++++++. Thanks to whoever started the Great Waffle Iron Panic! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ April 29, 2006 08:35 AM: Message edited by: Melissa*Olivia ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree with you, this is a wonderful item. Unfortunately, I think that's why it's going. It's probably more costly to produce and even worse to ship than most AG items but still restricted within their price points, so less profitable.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I can't believe they are retiring this item!! I don't have Kit, but I always thought it was such a cute item!! And AGAIN, NO notice to customers in advance of the retirement. [img]mad.gif[/img] Every time this happens I get more and more angry that I was told that they were going to "get better" about notifying customers about retirements. Since I'm so busy and rarely ever have time to come here anymore, I'm worried I'll miss retirement notifications of items for dolls I do have!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know what you mean Ann! It is not fair and it would be easy to miss out on getting an item you truly wanted!!!!! [img]frown.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img]
    They should send an email or something when an item is going to be retired!!!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Ds9jullian:
    I ordered a set just in case.

Ashley
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, me too... felt a little silly, but hey it will be here monday along with Jip and Samantha's Bridesmaid Acce... I couldn't help it.

MapleLeaf

I ordered Kit's Waffle set back in January with the code and just love it. Like others had mentioned, it is very well made and oh so cute. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Nia [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So far as I know, AG has never announced that an item is being retired. It just disappears from the catalog and on-line. The most they seem willing to do is let CS say that an item is low on inventory or even is being cancelled if--and only if--they're asked directly.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by auri:
    I agree with you, this is a wonderful item. Unfortunately, I think that's why it's going. It's probably more costly to produce and even worse to ship than most AG items but still restricted within their price points, so less profitable.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think you're right. The iron itself is very substantial and heavy since it is made from metal, wood and porcelain (no cheap plastic on that baby!). Plus you get the porcelain plate and several other little pieces. At only $18, I can't imagine that the profit margin is very big on this item, especially when you compare it to other items in the same price range that probably cost just cents to produce.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123