Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, I tend to go with the chubbier faced dolls, so I like the American Girl one on the right better! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    They are both super cute though! Id have a hard time deciding lol and would prob keep them both as "twins" ... [img]smile.gif[/img]

The one on the left, her eyes look a lot closer together than the one on the right? Am I correct?

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 20, 2006 06:21 PM: Message edited by: wrx-gal ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Maybe it's a trick of the camera, but PC Emily looks to have a fuller face. I like that personally, so I'd personally keep the PC one. The hair looks fine to me either way.

At the end of the day, you should go with what feels right to you.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm no help at all. I think they are both darling, and I don't think I could send either one back! Does one feel nicer to hold than the other? Does the hair on one fall a little nicer than the other? Cuteness is pretty subjective, but I don't think you can make a wrong choice here. Both are tooooo cute!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mrs. C, keep your first Emily. Haven't you bonded already? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Keep the pc doll, she has nicer eyelashes. Plus there are only a few with the pc on their necks.

emsmombuysdolls

When I was at AGPC picking out Emily, I noticed differences in the hair part. Some did not come all the way down to the forehead. Some were really crooked. Some had a lot of white showing through. It is difficult to tell unless you are looking close up. When I spend $100 on a doll, they are lucky I don't bring a microscope!

Donna Cotterman

Well...well...the consensus is [img]tongue.gif[/img] they are both beautiful, well made, expensive, soft hair, nice facial shapes and coloring.

Lean to the left.. lean to the right...
    Mrs.C. really can't decide tonight.

I'll get a good night's sleep and then decide in the morning. Wish I had a granddaughter here... KC always knows these things after one squeeze. It's a little girl magic that grandma isn't tapped into tonight.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate all the input. I'm off the board tonight and into a good book, "Rise and Shine" by Anna Quindlen. (a birthday gift)

BIG HUGS ^j^ Mrs.C.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Don't you think in the long run, the one that has the PC will be more collectible...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Uhm, no, considering they're the same doll. Anyone who would know enough to seek out a PC stamped doll instead of an AG one (for the PM differences), is going to know full well that Emily is a Mattel doll, and that the neck stamp doesn't indicate anything except that it was made with a different (although the same face) mold, and probably in a different factory.

I don't get the preference of "PC" stamp instead of "AG" on dolls that you know are the exact same age, and just made in a different factory, [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img] .

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am only looking at the hair part and from your pictures the PC Emily's part seems less obvious to me. I am interested in seeing this though. I thought I was being very picky with my Emily's hair part but I am glad to see that there is a difference.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by cami713:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> Don't you think in the long run, the one that has the PC will be more collectible...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Uhm, no, considering they're the same doll. Anyone who would know enough to seek out a PC stamped doll instead of an AG one (for the PM differences), is going to know full well that Emily is a Mattel doll, and that the neck stamp doesn't indicate anything except that it was made with a different (although the same face) mold, and probably in a different factory.

I don't get the preference of "PC" stamp instead of "AG" on dolls that you know are the exact same age, and just made in a different factory, [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img] .
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well said! I don't get why everyone thinks the PC stamped dolls are so much better than the AG ones if they're the exact same doll only with different labels... [img]confused.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast