Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by cami713:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> Don't you think in the long run, the one that has the PC will be more collectible...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Uhm, no, considering they're the same doll. Anyone who would know enough to seek out a PC stamped doll instead of an AG one (for the PM differences), is going to know full well that Emily is a Mattel doll, and that the neck stamp doesn't indicate anything except that it was made with a different (although the same face) mold, and probably in a different factory.

I don't get the preference of "PC" stamp instead of "AG" on dolls that you know are the exact same age, and just made in a different factory, [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img] .
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So true. Emily is a mattel only doll neck stamp or not. It's not like being picky about a pre-mattel doll which I can understand.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just spoke to CS and the lady told me that they use different vendors and that they still use both names. Said the value should be the same, and as someone already pointed out, it's obvious that it is under Mattel's ownership.

I just got a JLY doll last week and I looked at her neck and it said Pleasant Company, but it's a GT24 and that doll has only been around for a few years, so it's obvious that it's Mattel too.

I've had different collections over the years, sometimes things go up in value and sometimes they go down. Collect what you like and you won't care.

What I have noticed about AG items, when they are first discontinued there is a rush to buy them and the value goes up, but unless it is something really rare and hard to find, the price comes back down. Especially outfits, people forget that they were even made.

I love my whole collection, I think everything is quality, and I'm happy as a clam whether it says Pleasant company or American Girl.

Enjoy!

Carol [img]redface.gif[/img] )

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I suppose that's the point--not everyone may believe that AG and PC are the "exact" same doll; some may feel that there are slight differences in the facemolds from the different factories(fuller face, for example), and may wish for one or the other version, no matter how slight the difference.

I like the PC version of Emily better, myself, Mrs. C, if you're still taking opinions. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I also like all my dolls to have "Pleasant Company" on their necks--partly so they'll all be the same, and partly for nostalgia. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

horselvr2

They both look normal too me! My Emily is horrible! If you think that's bad, mine is horrible! My Emily has A HUGE white part! Maybe I should exchange mine?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In my humble opinion--YES, you should! For what you paid for her, you deserve a perfect Emily! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have a question:

You're asking which one to keep - why did you as CS to send a different one in the first place?

Donna Cotterman

There were pictures in this album
    AGPC Emily Premiere Party
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">from an earlier thread that showed Emily with no scalp showing and no glue in the part.

Pictures from other thread

I asked CS about it and they offered to send a second doll to compare. I was surprised but am glad to see both dolls. ^j^ Mrs.C.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I suppose that's the point--not everyone may believe that AG and PC are the "exact" same doll; some may feel that there are slight differences in the facemolds from the different factories(fuller face, for example), and may wish for one or the other version, no matter how slight the difference.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">But that has nothing to do with the neck stamp. I don't know exactly how they make the face molds, but I'd guess it's by using the older ones, (and honestly, I wouldn't think the original molds, or even the early 90s ones, are still being used), so even the claim of the older ones having fuller cheeks or whatever seems awfully silly.

I can, though, totally understand someone saying they like "fuller faced dolls," I personally prefer those with more face paint. However, prefering one with a specific neck stamp just boggles my mind, as you don't see the stamp, and it really has nothing to do with the doll's face being full or not (though can sometimes be linked).

I'm not saying they're exactly the same. There's going to be subtle differences between any two dolls- even two Emilys both stamped PC, purchased on the same day. And if the dolls are the same age, one has to be looking for a difference to even see it, unless there's something very unusual about the doll. The fact that people have to post side by side comparison pics for anyone (and not even everyone can see the differences that some see) to notice the differences are a testament to that. We've all seen how different the Jess dolls are, even those purchased within days of each other, and with the same neck markings. And like you said, everyone has their own preferences. I just don't get how PC stamped dolls=better. I've seen plenty of fuller faced dolls that were stamped AG.

Though I find the whole neck marking thing absurd, I do agree with you that I prefer mine to say PC simply because that's how they've been for most of my AG collecting life, and it's nostalgic for me. However, as I've seen some say (in other threads), I would never even consider selling/returning a doll just because her neck was stamped American Girl, LLC. And I would never pay more for one on ebay, as I know when Emily was made, and I know there were dolls made the exact same day, just as cute, and just as good of quality, that say AG.

In any event, I think the Emily dolls look the same. It's hard to tell which one has fuller cheeks, as the hair isn't the same, and can often manipulate what your eyes see. I would keep whichever one speaks to you most in person, [img]smile.gif[/img] .

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Since we are on the AG vs. PC, does anybody know whether or not you could have a Pleasant Company JLY no. 22 or would that doll have to be AG since it just came out last year? BTW, I am glad that I got a PC Emily, but if I had gotten an AG Emily I would have kept her as long as her hair scalp wasn't showing. I imagine the CS's at AG think that we are just a bunch of crazies, but they also know that if it wasn't for us they probably would not have a job!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Uhm, they look identical to me. The only differences I can see are how they lie in their boxes and their hair styles. It seems that the one on the right is a tad closer to the camera than the other, not very much, though. I've noticed that a lot of times, the shot isn't completely even on both sides, so two dolls next to each other appear to be sized differently, even if it's minute.

If there's any differences in the feel of the wig, that's how I'd pick. I like the dolls with soft, full hair, and my Emily's hair seems really thin compared to Beatrice's. (And I really need to find out how to send her back.)

[img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] --- KERI --- [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast