Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Red face

I just received ONB from an ebay auction and it has silver eye!! What do I do? I know AG will replace the eye, but the auction did not state that she had this condition and it didn't show up in the pictures. I feel I paid too much for the doll under the circumstances. I would not have bid on her had I known she had silver eye! I don't want to pay to ship her back. What sort of compensation should I expect of the seller? Does it devalue the doll when you have her eye replaced, as it is not the original eye? THANKS

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am sorry to hear that this has happeded to you. If you are willing to part with the doll, you can file a paypal dispute(as long as you paid with paypal) for an item not as described. I think paypal can decide that the seller must refund your money but you still have to pay shipping and return the doll.

I don't know what having the eyes replaced by the Doll Hospital would do to the value of an ONB. I'll leave that up to one of our resident Doll experts. Keep us posted.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The same situation happened once to me as well. I contacted the seller and told her that the eyes were flawed and the defect should have been disclosed in the listing. I also explained how it would cost me about $20 for shipping the doll to and from the AG Hospital to have her eyes replaced. Fortunately the seller was willing to refund me the $20. Since then I've learned to always ask for close up photos of the dolls before bidding. Good luck, that darn silver eye is such an annoyance.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi, I sent you a PM, but in my opinion, it's better to eat the $6 or so to return it and get a refund, than to be stuck with a defective doll, and you would never be able to sell her and get your money back. Better to cut your losses, and try again for a better one, with beautiful eyes.

Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What does ONB mean?

Joy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Smile

Well the seller has agreed to a total refund, including the cost of shipping her back. I should have asked about it, but it did not show up in the close up pictures. I will be much more careful from now on. It seems that silver eye is rather prevalent. I guess I have just been lucky with my PM historicals. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Not to throw a monkey-wrench into your plan, but....

And I'm certainly not a value-expert, but....

It seems to me that the Our New Baby Bitty Babies are so hard to come by, that maybe you'd be better off getting the eye replaced by the AG hospital.

Just a thought. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Joy [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'd keep her too & ship to AG for eye replacement. If you choose this route, put a letter with the ONB baby stating under no circumstances do you want a replacement head or body--just the silver eye fixed & to put the head back on with strings in lieu of a plastic cable tie. Good luck!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, the problem with sending it back to AG for new eyes is that they will be new Bitty eyes, and not ONB eyes, which are more pale and gray. Since she paid top dollar, thinking it was in good condition, it's no loss to return it for a refund, especially since the seller was so cooperative, and paid for return shipping. If she got it cheap, it would be worth keeping and trying to repair or improve. They are rare, hence the high price they fetch on Ebay, but it's worth it to hold out for one in great shape.
    I have an ONB with great eyes, but a purple marker lightening bolt down her forehead. I wonder if you sent two dolls in, if they would switch the eyes for you? Just a thought...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am sentimental by nature. I would think that changing the doll eyes to Mattel version ones would really take away from the value of the doll. Both sentimental and monetary. I couldn't do that myself. I would possibly look for an ONB head/eyes that could be used for repairs. [img]smile.gif[/img]