Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My seven year old had a friend spend the night on Saturday and the friend wet the bed,n of course I cleaned up the bed immediately but what I didn't know until yesterday was that she had wet on Kit. I Febreezed her but a bit later she still smelled and I really want to wash her because you can see the stain where she got wet on her body, but I don't know how to go about it, HELP!

Donna Cotterman

I removed the head... and if her hair needs cleaned be careful of the eyes.

Remove all the stuffing in the body and use a nylon bag to hold the batting. Wash it with laundry soap and spread it out on a bath towel to dry. (It will dry quickly.

Now take the body and use Spray and Wash or other product on stain. Launder by hand and rinse well... Hang on hanger ... use close pins as well as neck strings... Wipe down the arms and legs and wait for Kit to dry.

This will take time and when everything is really dry.... stuff the body and replace the head. Kit will be sweet again and thank you for the bath.

Good Luck. ^j^ Mrs.C.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've done exactly as Mrs. C suggested. I've also done it with out removing the stuffing. I'm thinking the directions might me on Maria's sight? When I took out the stuffing I had trouble getting it back just right. She seemed a little lumpy [img]frown.gif[/img] . When I left the stuffing in I hung her (headless) upside down to dry and allwas well.

My DD still has accidents too. It has happened twice at sleepovers with friends.Both moms were so kind. She really doesn't like to spend the night and I know it's because she is afraid this will happen. I can't tellyou how manytimes I get a call to come and get her. We have lots of sleepovers at our house [img]tongue.gif[/img] . I hope Kit makes it though this ordeal OK.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Good luck with cleaning Kit. I wouldn't bother removing the stuffing...IMO better it get washed, too, in case the wetness sunk through.

emsmombuysdolls

Great directions, Mrs C.!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Great directions Mrs. C. I'll only add that if you do want to put in new stuffing WalMart sells bags (in their fabric dept.) for about 2 dollars and it lasts for several dolls.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you for the responses Kit will undergo her operation this evening.
    Robin-- I am very sympathetic to bed wetters my son is 11 and is still a wetter or would be if he didn't take his DDAVP, I'm telling you that has been a miracle for he has never had a wetting incident on it, we go off every 6 mos to see if he still needs it and he does, you may want to look into it for your DD, we tried the alarm system and it did not work for us , but it may work for you.
    Wish Kit luck
    Tia

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Stuffing often gets lumpy when reused. You can replace it with new-- just don't buy the ultra cheap stuff because it's always lumpy. Michaels and JoAnns carry decent stuffing. You can go to a highend fabric or quilt store but you'll just pay more for the same stuff.

Note-- if you use 100% cotton it will shrink if it gets wet. Polyester works fine and doesn't shrink (not that we often soak our dolls, but thought I'd mention it.

Good luck! I hope the little girl wasn't too upset.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have washed many doll bodies without removing the stuffing. Just remove the head, put the body in a pillowcase, tie up the top of the pillowcase (a zippered lingerie bag would also work well), and put it in the washing machine right along with a load of laundry on a regular cycle, adding a second rinse. If the body is stained, I treat it with Spray 'N Wash first. If the viny limbs need cleaning, I do this (with baking soda - or Miracle Eraser if necessary) before placing the body in the bag in the washing maching. When the load is done, take the body out of the pillow case and hang it upside down by the heels to dry - I use yarn to wrap around the feet and hang them from the mattress frame of the top bunk bed in the grandkids' toy room. I usually leave the body hanging for at least 48 hours before reattaching the head - using this time to clean the face and wash, condition, and curl the hair. [img]smile.gif[/img] Then you have a sweet, fresh, clean little dolly to hug again!