Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by starling:
    I don't like reserve auctions and I rarely bid on them myself, but I might just have to do it.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Same here. The one time I did this (ran an auction with a BIN and a reserve), I mentioned in the auction description that I myself don't like reserve auctions and had added the reserve only to make the BIN available for a longer period of time so more people would have the opportunity to consider it. That made ME feel better anyway about putting a reserve on the auction.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 16, 2006 01:04 PM: Message edited by: Melissa*Olivia ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Question

I just have a question for all you ebay sellers. I have been selling on ebay for close to 10 years but the last couple of years, because of escalating ebay/paypal fees, I have limited my selling to a few weeks in Nov. Unfortunately during the time I am "away" things change at ebay. My question is, how do you list an item with a BIN and a low starting bid so that when the first bid is placed the BIN price stays and doesn't disappear? I am sure that somewhere on ebay's selling tools there is an answer, but I haven't been able to find it. THANKS [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Set a reserve price, as long as the reserve price is not met, the BIN feature will still be available

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Oh, I never thought of that! I don't like reserve auctions and I rarely bid on them myself, but I might just have to do it. THANKS